AMD Announce Never Settle: Space Edition

Never Settle: Space

AMD Announce Never Settle: Space Edition

 

AMD Announce Never Settle: Space Edition

 

Today during AMD's live stream, which celebrated 30 years of graphics and gaming, AMD announced that latest round of free games which will come with their upcoming graphics cards, the Never Settle: Space Edition bundle.

This bundle adds several new space-themed games to the already large choice of 27 free games, which come as a reward for going AMD Radeon. These games include Star Citizen, Alien: Isolation, Space Run, and Habitat. Buyers of all AMD graphics cards, and apparently all those with unused (unexpired) Never Settle coupons can choose from these four titles too.

 

AMD Announce Never Settle: Space Edition  

As always I think it is great to see new and highly anticipated titles like these come with new GPUs, making your investment in your GPU that little more worthwhile.

At present we don't know when these games will be added to the bundle, but expect it to be soon.

Join the discussion on AMD's Never Settle Space on the OC3D Forums.

 

 

  

.  

«Prev 1 Next»

Most Recent Comments

23-08-2014, 17:55:49

WYP
At todays AMD Livestream it was announced that 4 space themed games will be added to AMD's Never Settle Campaign.

http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/artic...175107500l.jpg

Read more on the AMD Never Settle Space bundle hereQuote

23-08-2014, 18:04:53

Wraith
Star Citizen!? Well that explains the large "Anonymous" funding leap last week. Quote

23-08-2014, 18:17:52

Dicehunter
The only game that interests me is Alien Isolation.

I wonder why they put AvP 2010 on there ? It's a little old for a game pack Quote

23-08-2014, 18:22:54

WYP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
The only game that interests me is Alien Isolation.

I wonder why they put AvP 2010 on there ? It's a little old for a game pack
A lot of AMD friendly devs are throwing their back catalogues. Square enix's Just Cause 2 being a prime example, an Nvidia game originally.Quote

23-08-2014, 18:28:33

NeverBackDown
So how would we get the star citizen thingy? We redeem a code and then we get a few ships or what?

Though I am surprised they have 2 Total War games on their, guess Sega(publisher for the game) and AMD have a good relationship. Pretty sure Sega is also publishing Alien Isolation too. That's 3 games from one publisher.Quote

23-08-2014, 18:31:23

Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
A lot of AMD friendly devs are throwing their back catalogues. Square enix's Just Cause 2 being a prime example, an Nvidia game originally.
Having JC2 on there makes no sense as it has Nvidia exclusive graphical features even if it is a SE game and they primarily now work with AMD.Quote

23-08-2014, 18:34:13

NeverBackDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Having JC2 on there makes no sense as it has Nvidia exclusive graphical features even if it is a SE game and they primarily now work with AMD.
Don't think it matters much. Its just another option for the consumer to choose from.Quote

23-08-2014, 18:35:20

WYP
At present you have a choice of some great PC games here.

It is especially good for newcomers who haven't got a lot of these games.Quote

23-08-2014, 18:42:02

NeverBackDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
At present you have a choice of some great PC games here.

It is especially good for newcomers who haven't got a lot of these games.
I agree and IMO its the sole reason why they are doing this. The PC market in comparison to consoles is growing and if they can get all the newcombers coming over and throw in some free games that are actually quite good, then its better business for them. Can't forget they need to get some market share back to remain more competitive.Quote

23-08-2014, 18:43:21

WYP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I agree and IMO its the sole reason why they are doing this. The PC market in comparison to consoles is growing and if they can get all the newcombers coming over and throw in some free games that are actually quite good, then its better business for them. Can't forget they need to get some market share back to remain more competitive.
In the past year AMD's GPU market share has increased, unlike Nvidia's

A lot of that is low end APUs thoughQuote

23-08-2014, 18:50:56

Wraith
It's a nice bundle of AAA titles with a few bargain bin games for good measure. I have to admit most of my games came from Never Settle packages This one should draw in a decent crowd.Quote

23-08-2014, 20:00:27

Ow Winter
Is this to do with the voucher thing that AMD do when you buy a new GPU?

sorry...feeling unenlightened


ignore that, yes it is - just didnt google well enough Quote

23-08-2014, 20:40:31

NeverBackDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ow Winter View Post
Is this to do with the voucher thing that AMD do when you buy a new GPU?

sorry...feeling unenlightened


ignore that, yes it is - just didnt google well enough
It is yes but only for GPUs that are advertised with it.Quote

24-08-2014, 07:50:17

VonBlade
Those are some poor games. They'd be better off including FTL, which is at least good.Quote

24-08-2014, 09:34:35

paulstung
I've just been watching Alien Isolation videos this morning, that's good timing I've got a Gold reward to take advantage ov well when the pc is up and running.Quote

24-08-2014, 09:36:13

neotrix
Alien Isolation better be good Quote

24-08-2014, 10:03:41

WYP
Press release - AMD has just made a technology partnership with creative assembly.

This explains why the Total War and Alien Isolation is in Never Settle.

http://www.techpowerup.com/204474/am...xperience.htmlQuote

24-08-2014, 12:39:20

NeverBackDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
Press release - AMD has just made a technology partnership with creative assembly.

This explains why the Total War and Alien Isolation is in Never Settle.

http://www.techpowerup.com/204474/am...xperience.html
Ha! Called it

This makes me excited because i love the Total War series. Now that AMD are giving them the tech to use to better AMD gpus, i wonder if that means they will use Mantle for the series? Mantle for a strategy game? That's huge. It would help be able to process those 10k+ men battles since the game engine starts to really slow down and struggle with it.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.