The largest independent producer of DRAM memory modules and the fifth largest supplying Solid State Drives, Kingston products are known to deliver performance and reliability at competitive prices, but what about style? They do that too.
Here, we take a look at the aesthetically pleasing Kingston HyperX 3K SSD - Na 'Vi Edition and the Kingston HyperX Genesis Na 'Vi Edition memory kit. A combination of colours and performance to make even the most miserable of garden flowers open up to during the occasional week of Summer in the UK.
Indeed, in this day and age, just having the best and most affordable components in your customised PC isn't enough, with more and more of us opting for colour coordination to match performance in our creations. If that person is you, and you have been buzzing around the internet to find equipment that fits your BumbleBee theme? Then look no further.
Specifications of the HyperX 3K SSD - Na 'Vi Edition:
Available in 120GB and 240GB
Form factor 2.5"
• Controller SandForce ® SF-2281
• Interface SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA 2.0 (3Gb/s)
• Capacities4 120 GB, 240 GB
• Sequential reads5 SATA 3.0 120 GB/240 GB, 555 MB/s
• Sequential writes5 SATA 3.0 120 GB/240 GB - 510 MB/s
• The average speed of random read/write data blocks to 4 KB6
120 GB-20000/60000 IOPS
240GB - 40000/57000 IOPS
• Maximum speed of random read/write data blocks to 4 KB6
120GB - 85000/73000 IOPS
240GB - 86000/60000 IOPS
• Rating PCMARK ® Vantage HDD Suite 120 GB / 240 GB: 60,000
• Support for technologies SMART, TRIM and Garbage Collection (Garbage Collection)
• Power Consumption 0,455 watts (typical) when idle / 1.58 W (typical) when reading / 2.11 W (typical) when recording
• Dimensions 69.85 mm x 100 mm x 9,5 mm
• Weight 97g
• Operating temperature: 0 ° C to 70 ° C
• Storage Temperature: -40 ° C to 85 ° C
• Shock resistance: 1500G
• Permissible vibration at work: 2.17 G
• Operating vibration of non-operating: 20G
• Mean time between failures (MTBF): 1 million hours
• The total number of bytes written (TBW):
120 GB 96 TB
240 GB: 192 TB
Specifications of HyperX Genesis - Na 'Vi Edition:
• Kits: 8 GB (2*4GB), 16GB (2*8GB)
• Memory Type: DDR3
• Operating Frequency: 1600 MHz
• Voltage: 1.5 V
• Memory Timings: 9-9-9
• Maximum input power (in normal mode)*: 2.4 W (for a kit of 8 GB), 2.46 watts (for a kit of 16 GB)
Asides from the quality you have come to expect from Kingston products, these components don't scream out serious enthusiast performance. The SSD has good read and write speeds while the memory kit runs at 1600mhz, which would suggest, that these are aimed at a specific market of entry-level equipment. That said, they are beautifully designed and can be perfectly suited to certain motherboards and graphics cards - if a theme-build is what you are looking for.
When you pair the Na 'Vi range to the MSI MPower Max and the MSI Lightning range of graphics cards, the end result is very pleasing to the eye and a near-perfect match in terms of the shading and the placement of Yellow on the board - a viable option in our opinion.
While Yellow and Black won't be for everyone, we at OC3D appreciate that character and customisation options are available for enthusiasts to express themselves when planning and building PC's.
As ever, if you have built a custom-themed computer, or planning to build one yourself, we would love to see it in our Project Logs forum here at OC3D. Alternatively, you can discuss the NA 'VI range over in our forums.
The Kingston HyperX 3K SSD Na 'Vi Edition 120GB retails at around £89.99, while the HyperX Genesis Na 'Vi memory kit retails at around £65 (2x4GB).