MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic & Mortar MATX Review

Introduction and Technical Specifications

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic ATX and mATX Review

Introduction

We've recently looked at the regular edition of the MSI B350 Tomahawk and discovered that it was a very capable performer that combined a nice selection of technologies with an affordable price tag thanks to the use of the B350 chipset rather than the more expensive X370.

If you're after a Ryzen based system then you could do much worse than invest in a B350 and particularly in this MSI offering.

Whilst we all like good performance for a low entry price, we also like a chance to stretch our creative abilities when it comes to building the system, and that is where the Arctic versions of the Tomahawk come in. MSI have a regular ATX and a mATX version of their B350 based motherboard, utilising a white colour scheme for those of you who prefer the brighter side of life. Ots worth pointing out though that the ATX boards are pretty much identical bar the obvious white dress on the Arctic.

 

Technical Specifications

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic ATX and mATX Review  

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next»

Most Recent Comments

27-04-2017, 14:41:58

Greenback
Funny you mention white builds I was looking around today for a nice case for my system, looked at the NZXT white and black H440Quote

27-04-2017, 14:46:32

Avet
For white fans you can go with EK Vardars, Noiseblocker eloop, or Fractal Design Dynamic.Quote

27-04-2017, 15:06:45

Darkdayzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Funny you mention white builds I was looking around today for a nice case for my system, looked at the NZXT white and black H440
It is a very nice case if you decide to go with it. My brother and I built his rig into that case about 5 years ago and it has not once given us a problem, install was easy and TONS of room inside that case for parts. Also very good cable management holes and surprisingly a good amount of space on the backside to tuck cables and hide them away Quote

27-04-2017, 15:11:35

Greenback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
It is a very nice case if you decide to go with it. My brother and I built his rig into that case about 5 years ago and it has not once given us a problem, install was easy and TONS of room inside that case for parts. Also very good cable management holes and surprisingly a good amount of space on the backside to tuck cables and hide them away
Yeah Think it was the first case to get Tom's white gold awardQuote

27-04-2017, 16:59:49

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Yeah Think it was the first case to get Tom's white gold award
Only Case I think?Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.