Ducky Channel DK9008 Shine 2 Keyboard Review
Published: 29th October 2012 | Source: Ducky Channel | Price: £149.99 |
Ducky Channel are, although slightly strangely named for those of us who naturally speak English, a company that have only been around for a few years and put all their focus into high-quality mechanical keyboards. Whereas a lot of peripheral manufacturers have a whole range of products enabling users to stick to a single brand, Ducky Channel just make hardcore keyboards stuffed full of the very best switches.
From their large range we are taking a look at the DK9008 Shine 2. This is available in a range of lighting colours; Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, White or Pink. Although it would make a nice change to look at one of the more unlikely chromatic options, we have the blue model on hand. Unquestionably this is likely to be the biggest selling of the six colours available, such is the overwhelming prevalence of blue lighting.
Rather than focus upon a myriad of macro options, the customisation for the Shine 2 comes in the lighting department which has more options than we can recall ever seeing before. So does, as the Ducky Channel website claims, the Shine 2 enable us to "enjoy the functions and texture as the nobles do"? Let's find out.
- Switch Typeï¼ Cherry MX series
- Supporting Interface: USB
- Supporting Keysï¼6-Key Rollover or N-Key Rollover
- Printï¼Double layer laser, engraved, UV-coated keycaps
- Levels Of Brightnessï¼6 levels
- Lighting Modesï¼Full Backlit, 60% Backlit & Selected Keys Backlit(with 2 Configurable Profiles)
- Lighting Effectsï¼ Pulsing, Reactive & Scrolling text marquee
- Multimedia Keysï¼7 keys
- Adjustable LED brightness modesï¼60%ãFull BacklitãReactiveãSelected Keys Backlit
- Locked LED brightness modesï¼PulsingãScrolling text marquee