Roccat Isku Keyboard Review

Introduction and Technical Specifications

Roccat Isku Keyboard Review

Introduction

The marketplace for gaming peripherals is one of the most tightly contested of all PC related sectors. When Roccat first arrived we were very impressed with their initial product lines, and they were so well designed straight away that only a few have needed any minor tweaks at all to remain at the top of anyone's shortlist. They quickly became one of the elite band of companies who have established themselves with the Razer and SteelSeries of this world.

So far the only keyboard we've seen from them was the compact Arvo which had some good bits and a few faults. Today's review is of the full-size Isku, which comes with a vast array of features to hopefully add a Keyboard to the shortlist of peripherals that Roccat belongs on.

Technical Specifications

The main elements of the Roccat Isku are the anti-ghosting keys, ensuring you don't end up with phantom button presses, backlit keys in the gorgeous "Roccat blue", and the multiple Macro options. Of particular interest is how the Isku comes with Roccat Talk, which enables the keyboard to control the mouse functionality, or vice-versa, if you have a Roccat Talk compatible rodent.

  • Isku Features
    Illuminated keyboard with 123 keys
  • Enhanced anti-ghosting capability
  • 3 programmable Thumbster Keys (T1-T3)
  • 5 programmable Macro Keys (M1-M5)
  • 20 additional Macro Keys (Easy Zone)
  • 5 Profile-Status LEDs
  • 3 Status LEDs (Caps Lock, Easy Shift[+]™, Num Lock)
  • 1000Hz polling rate, 1ms response time
  • 2m USB cable

    Dimensions

24.7cm x 50.9cm

System Requirements
Windows® XP, Windows Vista® 32/64-bit, Windows® 7 32/64-bit
Internet connection (for driver installation)
USB 2.0 port

Package Contains

ROCCAT™ Isku – Illuminated Gaming Keyboard
Isku Driver CD  
Quick Install Guide
ROCCAT™ ID Card

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next»

Most Recent Comments

02-12-2011, 05:19:33

tinytomlogan


Roccat have firmly entrenched themselves as a big player in the peripheral line. Does the Isku keyboard maintain this momentum?

Continue Reading

02-12-2011, 06:02:09

dipzy
I have got this exact keyboard from LITS 2011 and its just brilliant. I recommend it to anyone

02-12-2011, 06:04:51

yassarikhan786
Great review Bryan . I am not a big fan of the glossy finish, but it does look the part. The software seems to be top notch as well.

02-12-2011, 20:34:14

| raVen |
Good review.I like the looks of this keyboard, but really don't like this glossy finish on keys.Software looks good, but they could add an option to change the color of the lights(that will be really nice feature).

03-12-2011, 03:14:08

noexe
Nice review glad i did not get this keyboard looks gross imo weird keys here there and everywhere!

03-12-2011, 07:50:23

V1Viper
Nice Review!

07-12-2011, 05:57:41

daniSAUR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipzy View Post

I have got this exact keyboard from LITS 2011 and its just brilliant. I recommend it to anyone
I'm considering getting this keyboard (upgrading from a wireless multimedia Microsoft 3000) is it worth it? I've not had a proper gaming keyboard before but I like the use of macros and being able to have different profiles for gaming and other software. How are you finding the medium height keys? I really love laptop-style keyboards so this would be perfect for me.

07-12-2011, 06:51:05

dipzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniSAUR View Post

I'm considering getting this keyboard (upgrading from a wireless multimedia Microsoft 3000) is it worth it? I've not had a proper gaming keyboard before but I like the use of macros and being able to have different profiles for gaming and other software. How are you finding the medium height keys? I really love laptop-style keyboards so this would be perfect for me.
Its a brilliant keyboard, its worth it, the only thing you will lose is the wireless functionality.

This is also my first proper gaming keyboard, previously had a dell keyboard where the keys were stiff and the feel of the key was terrible. The roccat Isku changed all that, awesome response, smooth keys, they have that soft touch which i prefer rather than a rough, texture feel. The customisation in the software is enormous, lots of options for you to customise keys to suit you.

I too like the look of laptop style keyboards, this keyboard is the best thing i have bought for my pc in a long time

07-12-2011, 08:08:29

daniSAUR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipzy View Post

Its a brilliant keyboard, its worth it, the only thing you will lose is the wireless functionality.

This is also my first proper gaming keyboard, previously had a dell keyboard where the keys were stiff and the feel of the key was terrible. The roccat Isku changed all that, awesome response, smooth keys, they have that soft touch which i prefer rather than a rough, texture feel. The customisation in the software is enormous, lots of options for you to customise keys to suit you.

I too like the look of laptop style keyboards, this keyboard is the best thing i have bought for my pc in a long time
Yeah my only "gaming" keyboard was this weird OCZ Alchemist one they had, was about 20 but there wasn't anything special about it.

I'm not to fussed on losing the wireless functionality, it was useful before but not really an issue if I don't have it. Just reading through a few reviews (this one included) and I'm just trying to justfy the costs and what doesn't give the keyboard that "gold award" or that 9/10. Think I shall have a think over it, thanks for your input. I just really want a proper gaming keyboard ha.

09-02-2012, 04:00:17

ganjiry
hi thanks for this review. i bought a logitech g19 a couple of months ago but feel i wasted my money lol. dont get me wrong its a great board but with multi monitors the lcd screen becomes useless. ive been lookin at the isku for a while now and have now decided to sell the g19 n get an isku to match my kaves

09-02-2012, 05:47:30

smokealot
very nice keyboard tbh... would love to purchase one!

10-02-2012, 08:40:21

MaXiMiZe
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokealot View Post

very nice keyboard tbh... would love to purchase one!
+1

10-03-2012, 15:36:06

DarthDudo420
Thanks to this review I have ordered one of these no only if it came with those Cherry blue switches I think it would be truly an unstoppable gaming machine IMO cant wait to get it

Also please do a review on the Roccat Savu when it comes out looks very nice

Keep up the great reviews VB!
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.