AMD 14.9.2 Beta Driver
Published: 26th October 2014 | Source: AMD |
AMD 14.9.2 Beta Driver
The AMD Catalyst 14.9.2 Beta drivers support just about anything using the GCN architecture, from APUs to discrete GPUs. The main feature of this beta release is to enable Mantle support in Civilization: Beyond Earth but it also fixes some issues with Metro, Shadow of Mordor, Total War: Rome 2, Watch_Dogs, and other games.
AMD Catalyst™ 14.9.2 Beta Driver for Windows® - Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ Performance Driver
This driver enables AMD Radeon™ GPUs with the Graphics Core Next architecture to take advantage of the ultra-efficient Mantle API support featured in Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™!
The AMD Catalyst™14.9.2 Beta Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
NOTE! This Catalyst Driver is provided "AS IS", and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided with it.
The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 14.9.2 Beta Driver contains the following:
- ?AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 14.301.1006
Installing the AMD Catalyst™ Software Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers from Windows® Based System
- How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers for Windows® Based System
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.9.2 Windows® Beta Driver Performance Improvements
- Mantle API activated for ultimate performance in Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™
- Dual Graphics optimizations for KritiKa and SheDiaoZero
- Project Cars profile update
- Alien: Isolation: AMD CrossFire™ profile updated to detect new .exe of recent application patch
- : Total War: Rome 2 sometimes displaying texture corruption when on the campaign map in CrossFire™ configurations
- : Total War: Rome 2 occasionally stutters when task switching between applications
- : Watch Dogs occasionally has negative performance in CrossFire™ configurations on medium game settings
- : Max Payne 3 cinematic cut scenes intermittently show flickering
- : FIFA 2015 CrossFire™ scaling sometimes underperforming expectations
- : Metro Redux CrossFire™ scaling sometimes underperforming expectations
- : Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor occasionally shows flashing when running CrossFire™ configurations
- : White patches occasionally observed in CCC when dragging display icons
- : Upgrading from previous 14.4 Catalyst™ drivers with dual AMD Radeon™ R9 295 in CrossFire™ may cause a black screen or system hang
- : F1 2014 exhibits minimal scaling in some CrossFire™ configurations
- : Hitman Absolution intermittently crashes when starting a new game on AMD Radeon R9 285
- : FIFA 2015 occasionally displays flickering in Asymmetric CrossFire™ configurations
- : Alien Isolation will sometimes exhibit screen tearing with V-Sync enabled
- : Minecraft sometimes produces corruption when changing video settings in windowed mode. As a work around please select Use VBOs to On in the Video Settings in game.
- : XDMA Quad CrossFire™ configurations in portrait Eyefinity modes sometimes display tearing or stuttering
- : Launching Battlefield 4 in offline mode can occasionally lead to a crash
- : Launching Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ with a 144 Hz display can sometimes cause the app to hang. As a work around lower the refresh rate of the monitor.
- : Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ can sometimes hang on a small limited set of Kaveri mobile APU products when paired with discrete graphics products in Windows 7
Join the discussion on AMD's 14.9.2 beta driver on the OC3D Forums.