'

AMD reveals their RX 470 and RX 460 GPUs

AMD reveals their RX 470 and RX 460 GPUs

AMD reveals their RX 470 and RX 460 GPUs

AMD reveals their RX 470 and RX 460 GPUs

 

AMD reveals their RX 470 and RX 460 GPUs, both of which are designed to offer fantastic performance per watt and affordable pricing. 

Sadly AMD did not reveal much information on these new GPUs, but the RX 460 will operate without any PCIe power and have a TDP of under 75W.

  AMD reveals their RX 470 and RX 460 GPUs

 

Both of these new GPUs will be using AMD's Polaris architecture and will be built on the new 14nm FinFET process from GlobalFoundries, making Polaris the most efficient GPU architecture from AMD to date. 

AMD's Lisa Su stated that the RX 470 would be an ideal GPU for 1080p gaming and that the RX 460 would be perfect for MOBA titles like League of Legends.

 

You can join the discussion on AMD's RX 470 and RX 460 GPUs on the OC3D Forums.  

 

«Prev 1 Next»

Most Recent Comments

13-06-2016, 16:39:01

NeverBackDown
Not much room to go lower than if the 460 is meant for Mobas? Polaris 11 will probably take over from that point.Quote

13-06-2016, 17:16:25

Anusha
Seriously, gamers should be able to spend $200 on a GPU. iGPUs should be able to fill the lower end. There shouldn't be any lower end 'cards' than the RX 480 in terms of pricing. I'm not saying the RX480 is low end or anything, but seriously!Quote

13-06-2016, 17:17:57

WYP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anusha View Post
Seriously, gamers should be able to spend $200 on a GPU. iGPUs should be able to fill the lower end. There shouldn't be any lower end 'cards' than the RX 480 in terms of pricing. I'm not saying the RX480 is low end or anything, but seriously!
Really? There are plenty of people that can't afford a beefy GPU mate.

There needs to be cheap options, even if it is just for a multi-monitor office PC.Quote

13-06-2016, 17:20:55

Anusha
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Really? There are plenty of people that can't afford a beefy GPU mate.
I'm not telling people to go buy a GTX 1080. It's just $200, and for a gamer, that should not be a problem. You can build a PC for less than $500 with a RX480. You can probably even go lower than that.Quote

13-06-2016, 17:24:50

NeverBackDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anusha View Post
I'm not telling people to go buy a GTX 1080. It's just $200, and for a gamer, that should not be a problem. You can build a PC for less than $500 with a RX480. You can probably even go lower than that.
And yet the fact still remains not a lot of people can afford even $200.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.