AMD's latest graphics drivers are optimise for Farming Simulator 22 and the newest Vulkan API extensions
This driver lacks AMD's Halo Infinite Optimisations
Published: 18th November 2021 | Source: AMD |
AMD launches their Radeon Software 21.11.3 driver for Windows OS'
AMD has just launched their Radeon Software 21.11.3 GPU drivers for Windows 10/11 systems, optimising their Radeon Software for new games like Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition and Farming Simulator 22. Additionally, these new drivers will also enable support for eight new Vulkan API extensions.
Strangely, this new driver does not contain support AMD's optimisations for Halo Infinite, which were made available earlier this week as part of a standalone, unnumbered driver release. Currently, we expect AMD to release a Radeon Software 21.11.4 driver that adds these optimisations to AMD's mainline Radeon Software releases. The lack of these Halo optimisations makes AMD's 21.11.3 driver a confusing release for the company, and a driver to avoid for Halo Infinite players.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.11.3 Highlights
- Microsoft Flight Simulator™: Game of the Year Edition
- Farming Simulator 22™
Vulkan API Extension Support
- Driver timeouts or game crashes may be experienced by some users while playing Battlefield™ 2042 on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- While playing DayZ™, some users may experience stuttering or poor performance on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5700 XT Graphics.
- Some users may experience elevated disk space consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
- During Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ gameplay, some users may experience driver timeouts on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics. A temporary workaround is to disable the Radeon™ Anti-Lag feature in Radeon™ Software.
- Visual artifacts may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800M Graphics.
- While playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode, Radeon™ Software may become unresponsive when the user is in the lobby and attempts to open Radeon Software on the secondary display via the context menu. A temporary workaround is to press the Alt + R keyboard shortcut if this happens.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with - Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
- Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.11.3 does not provide support for Halo Infinite™ (Multiplayer mode). The Radeon™ Software Adrenalin driver that provides support & game optimizations for Halo Infinite™ (Multiplayer mode) is an early release preview of an upcoming driver and can be found here.
Radeon Product Family Compatibility
Radeon RX 6000 Series Radeon RX 6000M Series Radeon RX Navi 5700/5600 Series Radeon VII Radeon RX 5500 Series RX 5300M (Notebook GPU) Radeon RX Vega Series AMD Radeon Pro Duo Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics AMD Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics