AMD Software Adrenalin 22.12.2 squashes several early RX 7900 XT/XTX series bugs
Expect more bug fixing drivers in the future
Published: 21st December 2022 | Source: AMD Radeon Technologies Group |
AMD delivers a bug-fixing driver for their RX 7000 series and more are coming
Radeon's latest AMD Software update has arrived, and it has addressed several early bugs that were present within the company's Radeon RX 7000 series launch drivers, including potential corruption when using Virtual Super Resolution with multi-monitor configurations, app crashing issues with Spider-Man Miles Morales, and improvements to GPU power usage during hardware accelerated video playback.
AMD has confirmed that additional driver fixes are on the way, including a fix that will decrease idle power usage for some RX 7900 series users when using high resolution and high refresh rate displays. The release notes below details AMD Software 22.12.2's fixes and a list of known issues that AMD are actively working to address.
- Corruption may be encountered when using Virtual Super Resolution with multi-display configurations.
- A system crash may be observed when changing display modes with 4 display configurations.
- While loading Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales an app crash or driver timeout may occur after enabling ray tracing settings.
- Improvements to power usage during hardware accelerated video playback. Further power efficiency improvements are planned for future releases.
- High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high resolution and high refresh rate displays.
- Intermittent app crashes or driver timeout may occur when using Radeon Super Resolution with some extended display configurations.
- Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations.
- Stuttering may be observed in UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End during the opening game sequence.
- While playing Valheim an app crash or driver timeout may occur using Vulkan API. Any users who may be experiencing these issues should select DirectX API as a temporary workaround.
- Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower than expected performance.