'

Ark Survival Evolved has been Delayed until Fall 2016

Ark Survival Evolved has been Delayed until Fall 2016

Ark Survival Evolved has been Delayed until Fall 2016

Ark Survival Evolved has been Delayed until Fall 2016

 

Ark Survival Evolved has been Delayed until Fall 2016 from its original launch date of June 2016. It looks like the game will stay on Early Access for a while longer. 

Right now the game has already shipped over 4 million copies on Steam and over 1 million copies on the Xbox One, with the PS4 not currently having a version as Sony do not have an equivalent of Early Access Program. 

Ever since the announcement of the game Ark: Survival Evolved has gained a lot of extra features that were not originally intended to be included in the game, from over 30 extra dinosaurs, modding support and local split-screen multiplayer. Below is a quote from Studio Wildfire's co-founder Jesse Rapczak; 

 

When we first announced, we said 70 dinos, now we’ll have over 100. We never anticipated adding modding, local multiplayer, split screen, or numerous other upcoming features. The game at launch will be far more robust than originally conceived, but it takes a little extra time to wrap it all up

  Ark Survival Evolved has been Delayed until Fall 2016  

While the game has "Evolved over time there has been many improvements there is also been several disappointments, one of the most noteworthy being the developers inability to update the game to support DirectX 12 back in August 2015. The games promised DirectX 12 update is still yet to be implemented. 

While the game has been delayed until Fall 2016, the early builds of the game will continue to be available and continue to be updated on Steam and Xbox Early Access.  

 

You can join the discussion on Ark: Survival Evolved being delayed until Fall 2016 on the OC3D Forums

 

«Prev 1 Next»

Most Recent Comments

27-04-2016, 08:39:45

Damien c
I have it but I am waiting for it to be better optimized and add SLI support, as currently the performance is shockingly poor at 1080p and above on anything from medium detail and above.

I don't mind the delay as long as this sort of stuff is going to be sorted.Quote

27-04-2016, 08:49:05

SPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
I have it but I am waiting for it to be better optimized and add SLI support, as currently the performance is shockingly poor at 1080p and above on anything from medium detail and above.

I don't mind the delay as long as this sort of stuff is going to be sorted.
It will never get SLI support, it's a UE4 game.Quote

27-04-2016, 10:01:52

Damien c
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
It will never get SLI support, it's a UE4 game.
Wow well that sucks, how can a modern day engine not have support for multi gpu's

Either there is a 9.3Gb update for Ark which I am currently downloading that claims to add DX12 and around a 20% performance improvement so will found out how good there claims are in a few minutes.Quote

27-04-2016, 10:27:47

Wraith
9.3Gb!?! I'm gonna need a bigger drive at this rate.

Yeah its a sad do about SLI although you can turn it on (force it) by either nvidia control panel and enable SLI "Force alternate frame rendering 2" or by copying and renaming the games exe to "AFR-FriendlyD3D".

Option 1 I have yet to try but apparently causes frame drops and laggy performance.

Option 2 causes massive flickering and eventually CTD.

But as SPS said it's the UE4 engine and it just simply does not do SLI/XFire due to the way it uses "deferred rendering". Who knows though maybe in the future we'll see it implemented, I am looking forward to DX12 though if only for a few extra frames.Quote

27-04-2016, 19:08:31

NeverBackDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
Wow well that sucks, how can a modern day engine not have support for multi gpu's

Either there is a 9.3Gb update for Ark which I am currently downloading that claims to add DX12 and around a 20% performance improvement so will found out how good there claims are in a few minutes.
Just because it's modern doesn't mean it should have it. It's still incredibly difficult to implement correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
9.3Gb!?! I'm gonna need a bigger drive at this rate.

Yeah its a sad do about SLI although you can turn it on (force it) by either nvidia control panel and enable SLI "Force alternate frame rendering 2" or by copying and renaming the games exe to "AFR-FriendlyD3D".

Option 1 I have yet to try but apparently causes frame drops and laggy performance.

Option 2 causes massive flickering and eventually CTD.

But as SPS said it's the UE4 engine and it just simply does not do SLI/XFire due to the way it uses "deferred rendering". Who knows though maybe in the future we'll see it implemented, I am looking forward to DX12 though if only for a few extra frames.
Don't think it has anything to do with deferred rendering. It's just because they never really tried to support it properly. Don't think dx12 will change it much either. Although it may make it easier to implement for devs who license it if they are allowed to modify itQuote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.