New Nvidia Geforce Drivers Deliver huge RTX Series Optimisations
Expect big performance gains in DirectX 12 games
Published: 12th October 2022 | Source: Nvidia |
Nvidia's promising up to 24% performance gains with their latest GPU drivers
Nvidia has just released their new Geforce 522.25 WHQL drivers for Windows 10 and Windows 11, promising gamers up to 24% performance gains in DirectX 12 gamers thanks to new driver-level performance optimisations.
With their Geforce 522.25 drivers, Nvidia has delivered new shader compilation optimisations, worked to reduce CPU overhead, and have added new Resizable BAR profiles to games like Forza Horizon 5 and F1 22.
These new performance optimisations deliver different performance gains on a game-by-game basis, with some games seeing single-digit performance increases while others see gains of up to 24%.
These improvements include shader compilation optimization, reduced CPU overhead, and Resizable BAR profiles for Forza Horizon 5 and F1? 22. Many of these optimizations are most beneficial in CPU-bound scenarios, enabling your graphics card to be utilized to a greater degree. In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, and Forza Horizon 5, performance improved by up to 24%:
Our DirectX 12 optimizations apply to GeForce RTX graphics cards and laptops, though improvements will vary based on your specific system setup, and the game settings used. In our testing, performance increases were found in a wide variety of DirectX 12 games, across all resolutions:
Geforce 522:25 WHQL Performance Gains
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: up to 24% (1080p)
- Battlefield 2042: up to 7% (1080p)
- Borderlands 3: Up to 8% (1080p)
- Call of Duty: Vanguard: up to 12% (4K)
- Control: up to 6% (4K)
- Cyberpunk 2077: up to 20% (1080p)
- F1 22: up to 17% (4K)
- Far Cry 6: up to 5% (1440p)
- Forza Horizon 5: up to 8% (1080P)
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition: up to 8% (4k)
- Red Dead Redemption 2: up to 7% (1080p)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider: up to 5% (1080p)
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2: up to 5% (1080p)
- Watch Dogs: Legion: up to 9% (1440p)
PC gamers can download Nvidia's Geforce 522.25 driver here.
You can join the discussion on Nvidia's Geforce RTX series optimisations with their new Geforce 522.25 drivers on the OC3D Forums.