Novachips Shipping Industry's First 4TB/8TB NVMe SSDs
Novachips Shipping Industry's First 4TB/8TB SATA and NVMe SSDs - PR
Published: 12th August 2015 | Source: Novachips |
Novachips Shipping Industry's First 4TB/8TB SATA and NVMe SSDs
Novachips Co., Ltd., an innovator in flash storage solutions, today announced the Scalar-Series Solid-State-Drive (SSD) line-ups which are the world’s first 4TB and 8TB SSDs in 2.5” small form-factor with 7mm height and 15mm height, respectively. Along with the Scalar-Series SSD, Novachips is also introducing the Express-Series SSD line-ups featuring breakthrough capacities of up to 8TB in 2.5” small form-factor with 15mm height, and capacities of up to 16TB in Full-Height-Half-Length (FHHL) add-in-card type form-factor. The Scalar-Series SSD is based on Serial ATA (SATA) version 3.1 with 6 gigabits-per-second (Gb/s) interface delivering sequential reads and writes up to 540MB/s, and the Express-Series SSD is based on PCI Express Gen. 2.0, x4 interface with NVMe 1.1a protocol delivering sequential reads and writes up to 1500MB/s.
Both Scalar-Series and Express-Series use Novachips’ own NVS3800 series SSD controller in 28nm process technology. The innovative HyperLink NAND (HLNAND) Flash uses the latest MLC/TLC/3D NAND flash technology combined with the intelligent error correction codes and data randomization scheme to deliver high performance, superior data integrity, high reliability and enhanced endurance for maximum application scalability and total cost of ownership (TCO) savings.
Novachips’ Scalar-Series and Express-Series SSDs use its own HyperLink interface technology employing a serial, point-to-point, daisy-chain ring topology to connect up to 255 HLNAND devices in a single channel, which can maintain the maximum channel speed up to 800MT/s in HLNAND2 regardless of the number of devices populated in a channel. HyperLink SSD (HLSSD) using HLNAND Flash is redefining Flash storage solutions through capacity, efficiency, performance and form.
The key product features of the Scalar and Express Series SSD include:
• Industry’s highest capacity with up to 16TB and 8TB using single ASIC SSD controller in FHHL AIC form factor and 2.5-inch form factor, respectively
• Enhanced Power Loss Protection (PLP) maintains data integrity and prevents the loss of user data in flight in the event of unexpected power interruptions.
• Full End-to-End Data Protection with advanced error correction scheme and in-transit data protection
• Hardware-based AES-256 encryption engine • Self-encrypting models conform to TCG Opal 2.0 specification
• Chip-level RAID data protection beyond ECC and single die failure recovery
• Power and thermal throttling with auto peak power control by monitoring on-board temperature sensor.
• U.2 (SFF-8639) standard connector (Express-Series 2.5”)
• Superior data integrity and high reliability using 2-dimensional randomization and multi-level bad block management features
Pricing and Availability
The Scalar-Series and Express-Series SSD products are currently available to select OEMs/ODMs and through the channel partners.