Nvidia Hotfix 516.79 driver fixes freezing and stability issues in several AAA games
If you play Overwatch, Destiny 2, or Apex Legends, you will need this driver update
Published: 15th July 2022 | Source: Nvidia |
Nvidia's latest hotfix addresses major stability issues
Software is software, and software often contains bugs. That's a fact of life, and Nvidia are not immune to this issue. Following the launch of their Geforce 516.59 driver update, several issues were made known to Nvidia, and these include freezing or stability issues in Apex Legends, Overwatch, Destiny 2, and Halo Infinite, four popular online shooters.
With the release of their new Hotfix 516.79 driver, Nvidia has address these issues, alongside an issue that causes Dungeons 3 to crash on startup and an issue that caused Red Dead Redemption 2 to run at lower framerates than expected when DLSS is enabled.
Nvidia's Geforce 516.79 hotfix driver addresses the following issues:
- [Apex Legends] Improves gameplay stability 
- [Overwatch] Game may freeze on launching a match 
- [Dungeons 3] Game will crash on startup 
- [Red Dead Redemption 2] Performance improvement when using DLSS is lower compared to previous drivers 
- [Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay. 
- [Halo Infinite] Increased stability during gameplay 
If you play any of these affected games, you should download Nvidia';s Hotfix driver as soon as you can. Instability can really hamper the playability of online games, and you owe it to yourself to play the game with the highest levels of stability.
Geforce users can download Nvidia's 516.79 Hotfix driver here on Nvidia's support website.