Nvidia releases bug-fixing GeForce 531.29 WHQL driver
This driver fixes Nvidia's high CPU usage issue
Published: 15th March 2023 | Source: Nvidia |
Nvidia's latest GeForce Drivers address three major bugs
Nvidia has released their GeForce 531.29 WHQL drivers for Windows, stating that these new drivers are "Game Ready" for DLSS 3 in Atomic Heart and the closed PC beta of The Finals. Since these games were listed as part of Nvidia's 531.18 Game Ready drivers last month, it is probable that Nvidia's new 531.29 WHQL driver is mostly the same as their prior driver, with the main changes to version 531.29 being its bug fixes.
With their new 531.29 WHQL driver, Nvidia has a dressed a CPU usage bug that can cause an Nvidia Container to needlessly utilise a lot of CPU performance after a game's closure. Additionally, a driver fix has been enabled that will prevent stability issues within Adobe applications. Finally, there is a stability fix for certain laptops with GTX 10/MX250/MX350 series GPUs. Below are the release notes for Nvidia's GeForce 331.29 WHQL GPU driver for Windows.
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new titles supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology including Atomic Heart and the closed Beta of THE FINALS.
- Higher CPU usage from NVIDIA Container might be observed after exiting a game 
- Stability issues may be observed on certain laptops with GeForce GTX 10/MX250/350 series GPUs 
- Adobe application stability issues using 531.18 
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. 
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. 
- [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering 
- [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky 
- [Hogwarts Legacy] Black Screen/Hang on Launch at Shader Compilation Screen using Driver 531.18 
- Workaround: Close and relaunch game.
- Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash 
- Assassin’s Creed Origins stability issues using 531.18 
Product Compatibility (Desktop graphics cards)
Nvidia RTX 40 Series
Geforce RTX 4090, Geforce RTX 4080, Geforce RTX 4070 Ti
Nvidia RTX 30 series
Geforce RTX 3090, Geforce RTX 3080 Ti, Geforce RTX 3080 (12GB), Geforce RTX 3080 (10GB), Geforce RTX 3070 Ti, Geforce RTX 3070, RTX 3060 Ti, RTX 3060 (and LHR Equivalents)
Nvidia RTX 20 series
Geforce RTX 2080 Ti, Geforce RTX 2080 Super, Geforce RTX 2080, Geforce RTX 2070 Super, Geforce RTX 2070, Geforce RTX 2060 Super, Geforce RTX 2060
NVIDIA TITAN Series
NVIDIA TITAN V, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN Z, Geforce Titan RTX
GeForce 16 Series
GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1660, GeForce GTX 1650
GeForce 10 Series
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050, GeForce GT 1030
GeForce 900 Series
GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950
531.29 WHQL Download Links
You can join the discussion on Nvidia's GeForce 531.29 Game Ready Driver on the OC3D Forums.