NVIDIA Releases Drivers With PureVideo HD Support
NVIDIA release new Forceware drivers featuring its PureVideo HD technology. This technology combines high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing. The drivers are available now from NVIDIA.com.
PureVideo HD technology is included with all 7-series NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards. However, there are several requirements for building or upgrading a system to enjoy protected high definition content. To enjoy the HD DVD or Blu-ray movie experience on a PC, consumers will need:
* A PCI Express graphics card with NVIDIA GeForce 7 Series HDCP-capable GPU, secure HDCP CryptoROM, and 256MB graphics memory (see list here)
* WHQL-certified NVIDIA ForceWare drivers that feature PureVideo HD technology (http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp)
* An optical disc drive that supports Blu-ray or HD DVD movie playback
* Blu-ray or HD DVD movie player software from CyberLink, InterVideo, or Nero
* An HDCP-compliant display
* A dual-core CPU with 1GB of RAM
Feel free to comment on this article in our forum.