Nvidia's new Geforce 496.49 Drivers are "Game Ready" for 9 new games
Ready for Age of Empires IV, Battlefield 2042 Early Access, Call of Duty: Vanguard, Chivalry 2, Forza Horizon 5, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, Jurassic World Evolution 2, and Riders Republic
Published: 26th October 2021 | Source: Nvidia |
Nvidia's ready for Guardians of the Galaxy, Age of Empires IV, Call of Duty: Vanguard and more
Nvidia's latest drivers have just been released, and they are optimised for many of the latest, and some future, game releases. These include Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Age of Empires IV, Forza Horizon 5, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition, and Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Below are the full release notes for Nvidia's latest GPU drivers.
What’s New in Version 496.49 WHQL
GeForce Game Ready Driver
Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.
Game Ready for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost performance by up to 2x. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including Age of Empires IV, Battlefield 2042 Early Access, Call of Duty: Vanguard, Chivalry 2, Forza Horizon 5, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, Jurassic World Evolution 2, and Riders Republic.
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 496.49
The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [Doom 3: BFG Edition]: Visual corruption occurs in the game. 
- [Tom Clancy’s The Division 2]: Flickering and visual corruption may appear after extended gameplay. 
- [LG OLED C1 series]: The display may show random black screen flicker at 1080p. 
Open Issues in Version 496.49 WHQL
As with every released driver, version 496.49 WHQL of the Release 495 driver has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. This section includes lists of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others may have workaround solutions.
For notebook computers, issues can be system-specific and may not be seen on your particular notebook.
Windows 10/11 Issues
- [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: The game may randomly crash during gameplay. 
- [WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship/WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship]: The games crash on launch. [3409320/3409312]
- [Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint]: Textures in the game may flicker. 
- [Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop when there is mouse movement. 
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. 
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel.  To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. 
New G-Sync Monitors
- AOC 24G2W1G4
- AOC AG274QS3R1B+
- ASUS ROG XG27AQM
- ASUS VG32AQ1LA
- ASUS XG249CM
- MSI MPG321QRF-QD
Nvidia RTX 30 series
Geforce RTX 3090, Geforce RTX 3080, Geforce RTX 3070, RTX 3060 Ti, RTX 3060 (and LHR Equivalents)
Nvidia RTX 20 series
Geforce RTX 2080 Ti, Geforce RTX 2080 Super, Geforce RTX 2080, Geforce RTX 2070 Super, Geforce RTX 2070, Geforce RTX 2060 Super, Geforce RTX 2060
NVIDIA TITAN Series
NVIDIA TITAN V, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN Z, Geforce Titan RTX
GeForce 16 Series
GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1660, GeForce GTX 1650
GeForce 10 Series
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050, GeForce GT 1030
GeForce 900 Series
GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950
496.49 WHQL Download Links