Nvidia's new Geforce 511.17 driver supports their RTX 3080 12GB and fixes several bugs
Nvidia has a new GPU and a new set of bug fixes
Published: 11th January 2022 | Source: Nvidia |
Nvidia's Geforce 511.17 driver is here, and it reveals multiple HDR and Nvidia Image Scaling bugs
Nvidia has just launched their Geforce 511.17 WHQL driver, delivering official driver support for the company's new RTX 3080 (12GB) graphics card. Additionally, this driver also contains multiple bug fixes.
Fixes included in this driver include fixes for "random stuttering/freezing" in Detroit: Become Human, and fixes for bugs that affect 12-bit monitor users and users of G-Sync HDR screens. This drive also contains a long list of bugs that Nvidia are actively working on (Windows 10/11 issues).
GeForce Game Ready Driver Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.
- Includes support for the 12GB GeForce RTX 3080.
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [Detroit Become Human]: Random stuttering/freezing occurs in the game.
- Flicker/disappearing text when 12-bit color is used
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel.
To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
Windows 10/11 Issues
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled.
If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water.
- In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker.
- [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4.
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. 
Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition.
If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution.
Product Compatibility (Desktop graphics cards)
Nvidia RTX 30 series
Geforce RTX 3090, Geforce RTX 3080 Ti, Geforce RTX 3080 (12GB), Geforce RTX 3080 (10GB), Geforce RTX 3070 Ti, Geforce RTX 3070, RTX 3060 Ti, RTX 3060 (and LHR Equivalents)
Nvidia RTX 20 series
Geforce RTX 2080 Ti, Geforce RTX 2080 Super, Geforce RTX 2080, Geforce RTX 2070 Super, Geforce RTX 2070, Geforce RTX 2060 Super, Geforce RTX 2060
NVIDIA TITAN Series
NVIDIA TITAN V, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN Z, Geforce Titan RTX
GeForce 16 Series
GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1660, GeForce GTX 1650
GeForce 10 Series
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050, GeForce GT 1030
GeForce 900 Series
GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950
511.17 WHQL Download Links