Philips updates their Momentum 5000 Gaming Monitor lineup with new 4K 144Hz and 1440p 240Hz models
Ultra-fast FreeSync Premium Pro gaming displays with reasonable prices
Published: 31st May 2022 | Source: Philips |
Philips' new Momentum 5000 series gaming monitors deliver high resolution/refresh rate gaming bliss
Philips has just added two new premium gaming monitors to their Momentum 5000 product range, both of which are high refresh rate 27-inch models that feature FreeSync Premium Pro support and sport a VESA DisplayHDR 600 certification.
First up, we have the 4K 144Hz 27M1K5800, an HDMI 2.1 gaming monitor that features a Nano IPS display panel. This monitor supports modern gaming PCs and modern gaming consoles, offering users high resolution and high refresh rate gaming support.
Below the 4K 27M1K5800 is the 27M1F5500P, a 240Hz 1440p gaming monitor that features the same Nano IPS panel type as its higher resolution counterpart and notably lower pricing.
Both of these screens are colour calibrated to have a Delta E value of less than 2, offering a 1ms display response time, and feature a "4-side slim-frame". This makes these screens ideal for multi-monitor setups, and the rotatable base offered by these screens allows users to turn these panels 90 degrees when required. Both of these monitors feature integrated front-facing speakers, but like all premium gaming displays, users should use dedicated speakers or an audio headset to have a better audio experience.
Philips expects their new 1440p 240Hz 27M1F5500P and 4K 144Hz 27M1F5800 to be available from June 2022 at prices of £529.99 and £629.99 respectively in the UK.
- 27-inch Nano IPS panels with 1.07 billion colours
- Delta E below 2 for sRGB colour space
- VESA DisplayHDR 600 and AMD FreeSync Premium Pro support
- UltraClear 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution at 144 Hz refresh rate and HDMI 2.1 connectivity for the 27M1F5800
- Crystal-clear QHD (2560 x 1440) resolution at 240 Hz refresh rate for the 27M1F5500P
- MultiView to enable simultaneous dual connect and view
- Ergonomic features such as SmartErgoBase and eye-saving features such as Low-Blue mode and Flicker-Free technology