Radeon launches their AMD Software 23.7.1 Driver for Windows
AMD adds support for new Vulkan extensions and addresses high idle power issues with their latest Radeon drivers for Windows
AMD Software Adrenalin Edition version 23.7.2 has been released, adding support for a variety of new Vulkan API extensions, and a variety of driver bug fixes that have affected Davinci Resolve, VR games, and other applications.
On Twitter, AMD has also stated that this driver features support for F1 23, though the driver’s release notes make no mention of the game. Another major change with this driver is AMD’s optimised idle power characteristics when using specific display configurations.
Below are the full release notes for AMD Software 23.7.1.
– Support for additional Vulkan® extensions.
– Click here for more information.
– Certain virtual reality games or applications may encounter suboptimal performance or occasional stuttering on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
– Application crash or driver timeout may be observed during playback of AV1 video content using DaVinci Resolve™ Studio.
– Improvements to high idle power when using select 4k@144Hz FreeSync enabled displays or multimonitor display configurations (such as 4k@144HZ or 4k@120Hz 1440p@60Hz display) using on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
– Intermittent corruption may be observed playing WWE 2K23™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
– Intermittent corruption may be observed after switching windows while playing Nioh 2™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
– Application crash may be intermittently observed while playing RuneScape™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT.
– Intermittent corruption may be observed around some player models while playing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.
– Stuttering may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II with Radeon™ Anti-Lag enabled. As a temporary solution, users encountering this are recommended to disable the Anti-Lag in the per-game settings.
– Performance Metrics Overlay may report N/A for FPS on various games.
– Display signal may be lost after switching windows on certain Adaptive-Sync enable displays on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
– Higher than expected GPU Memory Utilization when using certain Record and Stream settings such as Instant Replay.
– Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as a precautionary measure while we address isolated installation issues that have been reported during PC upgrades. Users may use AMD Cleanup Utility as a temporary option.
Radeon Product Family Compatibility
Radeon RX 7000 Series Radeon RX 7000M Series Radeon RX 6000 Series Radeon RX 6000M Series Radeon RX Navi 5700/5600 Series Radeon VII Radeon RX 5500 Series RX 5300M (Notebook GPU) Radeon RX Vega Series AMD Radeon Pro Duo Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics AMD Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics