Radeon's latest drivers deliver up to a 23% performance in Forza Horizon 5
AMD's latest drivers are delivering maximum speed to Forza Horizon 5
Published: 4th November 2021 | Source: AMD Radeon Technologies Group |
AMD's latest GPU drivers are ready for Call of Duty: Vanguard and Forza Horizon 5
AMD's latest drivers also fix visual artefacts that have affected some Call of Duty: Warzone players and addressed display corruption issues when using Samsung's Odyssey G9 C49G95T monitor at 5120X1440 240Hz.
Below are AMD's release notes for their Radeon Software 21.11.1 driver for Windows OS'.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard
- Forza Horizon 5
- Up to 23% increase in performance in Forza Horizon 5 @ 4K Extreme Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.11.1 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2RS-426.
- Users may experience display corruption issues when they set their Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T monitor to 5120X1440 @ 240Hz.
- While playing Call of Duty®: Warzone, some users may observe visual artifacts when moving the cursor in the in-game menu.
- During Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy™ gameplay, some users may experience driver timeouts on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics. A temporary workaround is to disable the Radeon™ Anti-Lag feature in Radeon™ Software.
- Some users may experience elevated disk space consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
- Visual artifacts may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800M Graphics.
- While playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode, Radeon™ Software may become unresponsive when the user is in the lobby and attempts to open Radeon Software on the secondary display via the context menu. A temporary workaround is to press the Alt + R keyboard shortcut if this happens.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
- RS-426 – Testing conducted by AMD as of October 11, 2021, on a test system comprised of a Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, 16GB DDR4, Radeon RX 6800 XT GPU, and Windows 10 Pro, with Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.11.1 and 21.10.2 on Forza Horizon 5. Game tested with extreme preset at 4K. Performance may vary.
Radeon Product Family Compatibility
Radeon RX 6000 Series Radeon RX 6000M Series Radeon RX Navi 5700/5600 Series Radeon VII Radeon RX 5500 Series RX 5300M (Notebook GPU) Radeon RX Vega Series AMD Radeon Pro Duo Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics AMD Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics