Radeon's ready for Overwatch 2 with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.1
Overwatch 2 is launching today
Published: 4th October 2022 | Source: AMD Radeon Technologies Group |
AMD's latest drivers are ready for Overwatch 2's launch
AMD has just released AMD Software Adrenalin Edition version 22.10.1, which offers users of Radeon graphics cards game-specific optimisations for Overwatch 2, which is launching later today.
Overwatch 2 will replace Overwatch as Blizzard's premiere shooter, adding more heroes, new mechanics, and more focused 5 vs 5 battles. In time, the game will also feature co-operative modes, giving the game a broader appeal than Overwatch 1.
Blizzard is launching Overwatch 2 as a free-to-play game, which means that everyone will be able to enjoy the game without paying a penny. That said, micro-transactions and other paid aspects of the game will be there to vacuum the money from the wallets of the players who let it.
- Overwatch 2
- GPU for image processing option may not be available using Adobe® Lightroom® on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
- App crash may be experienced in Street Fighter™ 6 Beta.
- Radeon Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh™ 2.
- Oculus dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncing/wobbly on Oculus Quest 2 with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
- GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
- While previewing the timeline in VEGAS Pro™, some colors may appear inverted.
- Chromium-based browsers may experience video stuttering on extended monitors with mixed refresh rates using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Users may encounter dropped frames during video playback using hardware acceleration on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]
- Display may briefly show corruption when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]
- When Vertical Refresh Sync is set globally to Always Off, system stuttering or driver timeout may occur during video playback using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]
- Driver timeout may occur using HEVC hardware encoding on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]
Radeon Product Family Compatibility
Radeon RX 6000 Series Radeon RX 6000M Series Radeon RX Navi 5700/5600 Series Radeon VII Radeon RX 5500 Series RX 5300M (Notebook GPU) Radeon RX Vega Series AMD Radeon Pro Duo Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics AMD Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics