MSI European Overclocking Challenge 2008 with Overclock3D
How To Enter..
MSI European Overclocking Challenge '08
Do you think you've got what it takes to compete against the best overclockers in Europe? Is liquid nitrogen cooling, volt modding and world record breaking all in your days work? Are you a resident of the UK hell bent on showing the rest of Europe just what us Brits are made of?
If the answer to all of the above questions is YES, then you'd better get that DICE pot out of the cupboard, dust off that cascade phase change unit and get your LN2 order in with BOC right now!!!
MSI is holding its first annual European Overclocking Challenge in association with Overclock3D and the trials starts today! We want to see amazing overclocks, ultra-low SuperPI times and jaw dropping 3DMark scores. You have from now up until the 14th of July to impress the judges at Overclock3D and MSI with your superior overclocking talents. If you succeed, you could be in with a chance of winning any one of the following amazing prizes:
• An all expenses paid trip to Amsterdam to represent the UK in MSI's European Overclocking Challenge.
• An MSI P45D3 Platinum Motherboard, Intel CPU and OCZ Platinum 3P1600EB2GK DDR3 kit to prepare for (and take to) the finals in August.
• A chance to do your country proud and bring home the title of Europe's top overclocker.
• An MSI P45 Platinum motherboard.
• An MSI 9600GT graphics cards.
• MSI bonus package consisting of MSI branded goodies (T-Shirt, Hat, Stress ball and more!)
For those of us who don't indulge in the extremities of overclocking, you still have a chance to win! Simply by entering the competition with your best overclock you will automatically be entered into our virtual hat, where we will be picking one person at random to win a brand spanking new MSI P45 Diamond motherboard.
How do I enter?
First things first, you will need to send us an e-mail to [email protected]
to register your details. Please note that participants must agree to the terms & conditions listed below
, and if under 18 years of age must receive prior permission from a parent or guardian.
Included on the e-mail should be the following information along with an explanation (250 words or less) as to why you think you deserve to represent the UK as our best overclocker:
OC3D Forum Account: (don’t have one yet?)
To be in with a chance of winning one of the top three prizes, we want you to use your existing hardware to achieve the highest possible score in 3DMark03
and lowest time in SuperPI Mod 1M
. Any type of cooling goes, and we'll be looking for screenshots of both SuperPI, CPU-Z
and 3DMark for validation of your results. Results will need to be posted in this forum thread
and will need to be in the following format:
Items highlighted red need to be visible in screenshot.
At the same time we will also be looking for photographs of your hardware configuration, information on what tweaks you used and a general enthusiastic approach to pushing your results higher. Simply having the best results DOES NOT guarantee you a win - impressing the judges is just as important.
Agreements with participants
Participants agree on the publication of
- Participants in Qualifier and the MSI EU Overclocking Challenge are over the age of 18 or have permission from a parent or guardian.
- Applicants will be free to join the Event Final held between 22-24th August 2008 in Amsterdam and be free to travel between these dates!
- All benchmarking results used in the competition need to have been produced on or after 03/07/08. You can submit as many benchmark results as you like.
- Judges decisions are final. Best benchmark results do not neccesarily secure you a position in the finals.
Agreements by MSI
- Results from the overclocking and the MSI EU OC Challenge publications
- Usage from photo, name and nickname in favor of the MSI EU OC Challenge 2008 by MSI
- Usage from photo, name and nickname in favor of the MSI EU OC Challenge 2009 and beyond by MSI
- Usage for PR campaigns for 1 year by MSI
- MSI will only use the data limited till the next MSI OC Challenge and will further not be used for marketing activities other then activities related to MSI OC Challenge.
- You can participate alone or in a team of maximum 2 people!
Most Recent Comments