Dear Esther: Landmark Edition is currently available for free on PC through Steam
The game is available for free until February 16th
Published: 14th February 2022 | Source: Steam |
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition is free on Steam
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition is currently available for free on Steam, giving PC gamers free access to the popular first person exploration game. Landmark Edition is a Unity Engine remake of the original Source Engine version of Dear Esther, offering gamers improved audio, a director's commentary mode and improved visuals.
On Steam, Dear Esther is available for free until February 16th, after which the game will be available at its standard pricing. Below is what Dear Esther's Steam page has to say about the game.
'A deserted island... a lost man... memories of a fatal crash... a book written by a dying explorer.'
Dear Esther immerses you in a stunningly realised world, a remote and desolate island somewhere in the outer Hebrides. As you step forwards, a voice begins to read fragments of a letter: 'Dear Esther...' - and so begins a journey through one of the most original first-person games of recent years.
Abandoning traditional gameplay for a pure story-driven experience, Dear Esther fuses its beautiful environments with a breathtaking soundtrack to tell a powerful story of love, loss, guilt and redemption.
- Every play-through a unique experience, with randomly generated audio, visuals and events.
- Explore incredible environments that fully immerse you in the haunting island and its mysterious past.
- A poetic, semi-randomised story like you've never experienced in a game before.
- Stunning soundtrack composed by Jessica Curry, featuring world-class musicians.
- An uncompromisingly inventive game delivered to the highest AAA standards.
You can join the discussion on Dear Esther's Landmark Edition being available for free on Steam on the OC3D Forums.