Forspoken's Update 1.1 delivers optimised performance to PC gamers
Forpsoken now runs much smoother on PC
Published: 12th March 2023 | Source: Steam |
Forspoken's latest PC update delivers optimised performance, lowered VRAM usage, and adjusted visuals to PC gamers
Square Enix has released patch 1.1 for Forspoken, making various graphical adjustments to the game while optimising the game's performance across the board.
With Patch 1.1, Forspoken now runs with reduced VRAM usage on PC and has "minor optimisations" to certain features of the game. For many of the game's more demanding scenes, patch 1.1 significantly reduces Forspoken's processing load, with the game seeing load reductions of up to 70% in some areas of the game. This can have a huge impact on the performance of some scenes.
For users of AMD's RX 570 and RX 580 graphics cards, Square Enix has addressed a bug that causes screens to flicker. At launch, Forspoken didn't even run on AMD's Polaris based RX 570 and RX 580 GPUs, making this notation a sign that Forspoken can now run on these graphics cards without any issues.
With Patch 1.1, PC gamers can expect Forspoken to run at higher, smoother, framerates on PC, and can expect the game to utilise less of your system's video memory. Below are the full patch notes for Forspoken's 1.1 update.
You can join the discussion on Forspoken's performance boosting Update 1.1 on the OC3D Forums.
- Fixed an issue where the screen unintentionally flickers when AMD's Radeon RX570 or RX580 is used. (PC version)
- Various minor fixes.
- Adjusted the explanatory text and default camera position for the tutorial of the Magic Parkour skill Zip.
- Added an option where the players can choose to automatically switch to the last-viewed section when accessing a menu.
- Added an option where the players can choose to automatically point the camera to the targeted enemy when locking on an enemy during charging spells.
- Added an option where the players can choose to automatically switch the lock-on target to a nearby enemy after defeating a locked-on enemy.
- Added an option that enables the players to lock on to off-screen enemies.
- Added an option where the players can choose to prevent being staggered by the effects of Frey's own spells.
- Adjusted certain enemies' motions and behaviors upon taking damage.
- Adjusted Sila's Magic "Slice" to be unleashed to the direction Frey is facing.
- Adjusted the lighting of certain areas in Cipal.
- Adjusted the camera effects that occur when framing bright objects such as the sun.
- Adjusted the texture and shading for certain objects.
- Adjusted the number of polygons for certain background objects.
- Improved the glare filter quality.
- Updated the menu to display the required memory usage.
- Updated the opening sequence to go through the Brightness Settings before starting the game for the first time.
- Removed the VRS entry from the Graphics section of the menu.
*The shader has been optimized to have the Variable Rate Shading (VRS) available for all hardware.
- Updated the DirectX 12 version to 1.606.4 from 1.4.10.
- Reduced the processing load in certain areas. (The load has been reduced to approximately 70% in certain scenes.)
- Reduced the VRAM usage.
- Minor optimization for certain features.