Horizon Zero Dawn receives its first bug-fixing PC patch
Horizon Zero Dawn receives its first bug-fixing PC patchÂ
Horizon: Zero Dawn didn’t have a strong launch on PC. The game sold well, but many gamers were plagued with bugs, performance issues and other problems which PC gamers shouldn’t expect from a AAA release.Â
Today, patch 1.01 has released for Horizon Zero Dawn’s PC version, addressing several major bugs within the game. Sadly, this patch does not fix everything that’s wrong with Horizon Zero Dawn, but alongside this patch comes a list of “high-priority issues” which the studio plans to address as soon as possible.Â
Below are a list of Horizon Zero Dawn’s known issues on PC and what patch 1.01 has been able to fix.Â
In addition to the issues identified previously, weâre working on a number of high-priority issues:
– Some players are experiencing startup crashes. Patch 1.01 fixes a few, but not all, of these crashes.
– Some players are experiencing GPU-related hangs during gameplay. The improved diagnostic data collection added in Patch 1.01 is aimed at making it easier to track these down.
– Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering not working, 4K not displaying correctly, or HDR not working correctly.
– Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
– We’re aware of and continue to investigate all issues in this list on Reddit as well. Thank you to u/EvilMonkeySlayer for compiling this for us.
– Fixed an issue where the game would crash if the SteamUI didnât initialize properly on startup.
Functionality Issue Fixes
– Fixed an issue where Concentration and other slowdown mechanics wouldnât work for everyone.
– Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving the game. We are still investigating other saved game issues as well.
– Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving screenshots in Photo Mode.
– Added improved diagnostic data collection when submitting a crash report.
– Fixed several backend issues.
– Fixed a video corruption issue for specific hardware. Weâre continuing to look at other hardware configurations as well.
Those who want a glimpse at Horizon Zero Dawn’s PC performance and want settings optimisation tips should look at our performance analysis for the game.Â