Radeon users get a 20-50% performance boost with Crysis 3 Remastered's first PC Hotfix
New updates are available for the entire Crysis Remastered Trilogy on PC
Published: 21st October 2021 | Source: Crysis Subreddit |
AMD GPUs have received a major performance boost in Crysis 3 Remastered
Crysis 3 has undoubtedly received the largest upgrade, as today's update has addressed a "critical performance bug" on AMD graphics cards, resulting in a 20-50% performance uplift within the game. On top of that, Crysis 3 Remastered' DLSS implementation has been improved and 60 FPS animations have been added to two more weapons.
For Crysis Remastered, Denuvo has been removed from the game on the Epic Games Store, freeing the game from the controversial DRM solution. Aside from this change, Crysis Remastered is unchanged on PC.
Crysis 2 Remastered now has a fix for a memory leak that impacted users of the game's PC exclusive ray tracing feature, a bug that resulted in performance issues if gamers played the game for extended periods of time. On top of this, the update also offers gamers "general ray-tracing improvements". Full patch notes for the Crysis Remastered Trilogy's latest updates are available at the bottom of this article.
Below is what Crytek's community and social media manager for Crysis had to say about these updates.
I'm Utku, community and social media manager for Crysis at Crytek. We'd like to thank you all for your support as well as the very positive reaction to the release of the Trilogy last week. We wanted to let you all know that we've been listening to your feedback and we're aware of the issues some of you have been experiencing since release. We're working hard on new PC and console patches to improve the games in the near future.
Today we have 3 main fixes for Crysis 1, 2 & 3 Remastered on PC. First of all, as it has been requested by the community, we are removing Denuvo from Crysis Remastered on the Epic Games store. Next, we have some fixes for Crysis 2 & 3 Remastered that come with improvements to Ray Tracing as well as to help to resolve a memory leak that occurred specifically on Crysis 2 Remastered when you play longer than 8 levels in a row.
The update for Crysis 3 Remastered comes with some performance improvements for those with AMD GPUs. AMD owners should see an increase in performance of about 20-50%. More details can be found below. We also recommend installing the latest drivers for your GPUs.
We are not done yet! We have plans to release further updates for the trilogy on both PC and consoles. The next update will come around mid-November and another will follow around Christmas.
A major AMD Performance Fix - Not a Good Look for a DLSS title
No, we are not saying that Crytek intentionally nerfed AMD's performance in Crysis 3 Remastered at launch. That said, it is a shame that Crytek was unable to address Crysis 3 Remastered's performance issues on AMD/Radeon systems before launch.
With the Crysis Remastered Trilogy supporting Nvidia's DLSS technology, Geforce users already had a major performance advantage when playing Crysis 3 Remastered. Add on the game's "critical performance bug" on Radeon graphics cards, and it is easy to see why launch coverage of Crysis 3 Remastered was highly favourable for Nvidia. Crytek should have found and fixed Crysis 3's Radeon performance issues before launch. This is not a good look for Crytek.
More patches are planned for the Crysis Remastered Trilogy for both PC and consoles. The next major update for the games is expected in Mid-November.
You can join the discussion on the Crysis Remastered Trilogy's first PC updates on the OC3D Forums.
- Removed Denuvo from Epic Games Store version.
Crysis 2 Remastered
- Fixed a potential GPU memory leak that could occur when Ray Tracing is enabled. This resulted in performance issues being encountered after playing for extended periods of time.
- General Ray Tracing improvements:
- Fixed some cube map reflections in the ‘Eye of the Storm’ level when Ray Tracing is enabled,
- Improvements for some low gloss material reflections,
- Fixed a texture setup issue in the Software Ray Tracing path.
- Fixed an AI issue that resulted in cars being unresponsive in 'Out of the Ashes' level.
- Fixed an issue with the player having the ability to enter a car reserved for AI and in return potentially leading to a mission blocker in 'Out of the Ashes' level.
Crysis 3 Remastered
- Fixed a DLSS issue in multi-sampled vegetation alpha test to improve grass movement when DLSS is enabled,
- Added additional 60 FPS animations for the last two missing weapons.
- Fixed a critical performance bug on AMD Cards. Potential up to 20-50% more performance.