AMD Ryzen 5 & 7 CPU Cooler Round Up
Published: 25th April 2017 | Source: OC3D Internal testing | Price: |
Noctua NH-D15 S
Noctua is easily one of the most respected names in the PC cooling market, with their iconic brown and beige fans and mounting kit designs that have been a constant inspiration for competing solutions for many years.
The NH-D15 is easily one of the best air coolers on the market, though a lot of recent competition has arrived from Cryorig and other cooling manufacturers.
- Compatibility: Intel LGA2011-0/1155/1156/1150 and AMD FM1/FM2/FM2+/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2
- Max TDP: All
- Installation Method: Intel and AMD - backplate, requires motherboard removal
- Height (without fan): 160 mm
- Width (without fan): 150 mm
- Depth (without fan): 135 mm
- Height (with fan): 165 mm
- Width (with fan): 150 mm
- Depth (with fan): 135 mm
- Weight (without fan): 980 g
- Weight (with fans): 1150g
- Material: Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminium (cooling fins), soldered joints & nickel plating
- Fan compatibility: 140x150x25, 140x140x25, 120x120x25 (with 120mm mounting holes)
- Fan Model: One Noctua NF-A15 PWM
- Fan Bearing: SSO2-Bearing
- Fan Rotational Speed (±10%): 1500 RPM
- Fan Rotational Speed with L.N.A. (±10%): 1200 RPM
- Min. Rotational Speed (PWM, ±20%): 300 RPM
- Max. Airflow: 82.5 CFM
- Max. Airflow with L.N.A.: 67.9 CFM
Noctua currently offers AM4 ready versions of their NH-D15 cooler with an AM4 mounting kit, though older versions of this cooler do not offer AM4 support. A mounting kit upgrade is available for most Noctua Coolers for £10 on Amazon, though Noctua does provide this kit for free for users who fill out this form.
Right now the AM4 ready version of the NH-D15 comes with dual 140mm fans, offering slightly more cooling potential than the NH-D15s that we have tested today.
Owners of Noctua CPU coolers can obtain the NM-AM4 Mounting-Kit free of charge via this form. A proof of purchase (electronic version, photo or scan of the invoice) of both a Noctua CPU cooler and either a socket AM4 mainboard or socket AM4 CPU are required.