be quiet! Pure Base 500DX Review
Published: 28th April 2020 | Source: be quiet | Price: |
Introduction - The Pure Base 500 Deluxe
Last year, be quiet! released its Pure Base 500 case onto the market, offering PC builders a silence-oriented design that was more than capable of keeping your PC cool under load. But what if you wanted a flashier version?
When we reviewed the original Pure Base 500, we said that it was a bit of a plain Jane when it came to the aesthetics department, and those comments have gotten be quiet! fired up and ready to create something that will satisfy those who desire a little more sparkle.
Presenting the be quiet! Pure Bae 500DX, a more sophisticated take on the company's original Pure Base 500 ATX chassis. With this new model, the case's design has been focused on airflow, a tempered glass window has become a mandatory accessory, and addressable RGB has been fitted to both the interior and exterior of the enclosure.
Note that this is still a be quiet! case, don't expect this airflow-focused design to result in insane noise levels. Just because this case features an opened upfront section doesn't mean that be quiet! has suddenly turned into BE LOUD!
With this new model, USB 3.1 Gen 2 has been added to the front of the enclosure, an additional Pure Wings 2 140mm fan has been installed, and builders can expect the same level of HDD and water cooling support as the original Pure Base 500. With an MSRP of £89.99, this case offers a lot.
Below are the major features of the be quiet! Pure Base 500DX.
• High-airflow intake front panel and top cover for maximum performance
• Three pre-installed Pure Wings 2 140mm fans guarantee high cooling performance and silent operation
• ARGB LED at the front and inside the case
• USB 3.1 Gen. 2 Type C for latest peripheral support
• Water cooling ready for radiators of up to 360mm
• Various options to install up to five SSDs in total
• Prominently placed installation bracket with integrated cable management for two SSDs
• Generous space for high-end graphics cards and large coolers
• PSU shroud and smart cable routing options provide a neat interior
• Side panel made of tempered glass
Measuring 450x231x463 (LxWxH) the Pure Base 500 is a relatively compact case, putting it firmly in the Midi-Tower sector of the Market. Unlike the original Pure Base 500, the Pure Base 500DX will release with a Tempered Glass Window as a mandatory feature and ship with three integrated Pure Winds 2 fans instead of two. These design changes are designed to increase the Pure Base 500DX's out of the box airflow and increase the make the case more visually appealing.
In addition to these changes, the Pure base 500DX also features integrated addressable RGB lighting on both the interior and exterior of the chassis. When combined with the case's new front panel design, these changes help to make the enclosure more visually appealing to end-users.