Cooler Master Hyper 612 v2 Review
Published: 4th March 2015 | Source: Cooler Master | Price: 39.95 |
It's been a while since we had a Traditional Tower CPU cooler to look at here at OC3D, but in the Cooler Master Hyper 612 v2 we have just that. Save from the option of having a plastic front cowling around the fan the 612 is very much a no frills affair, but don't go thinking for a second that this is a criticism, there's something very honest and old school about Aluminium finned tower coolers that aren't dressed up to look like the prince of darkness, and at just a smidge under £40 the 612 represents a very reasonable proposition for the system builder on a budget or the chap who just wants something better than the stock cooler without breaking the bank. Under the hood then we have 6x6mm heat pipes passing through an Aluminium stack. There's also a bit of cleverness going on at the contact plate but we'll get to that in due course. Meanwhile let's have a look at the full Technical Specification.
|Intel||2011-3/2011, 1366, 1156, 1155, 1150, 775|
|AMD||FM2, FM2+, FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2, AM2+|
|Material||Copper Heatpipes, Aluminium Fins|
|Heat pipes||6x6mm Copper|
- Key Features
- Hyper 612 ver. 2 generates only max 20 dB to provide a good operating environment.
- Without fans, the big fin area will give you dissipation for passive usage.
- Adopts the innovative patented CDC™ (Continuous Direct Contact) technology - side-by-side heat pipe configurations with no gaps creating a smooth surface for heat conduction.
- Folding fin design with good air guiding ensuring high efficiency heat dissipation.
- Quick-snap fan bracket design for simple installation