Corsair ICue 7000X RGB Case and H170i Elite Capellix Review

600 RPM Fans

Corsair H170i Elite Capellix and iCUE 7000X RGB Case Review

600 RPM Fans

If, like some of us, you want your fans running as slowly as possible for maximum noise reduction then you'll be pleased that going for 140mm fans to begin with naturally push more air and thus keep everything cool even at these slow speeds.

Corsair H170i Elite Capellix and iCUE 7000X RGB Case Review  
Corsair H170i Elite Capellix and iCUE 7000X RGB Case Review  

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next»

Most Recent Comments

30-06-2021, 01:46:29

Dawelio
Untill this day it baffles me that basically one of the absolute biggest companies in the industry, Corsair, haven't simplified their RGB solution.

I mean, just 6 cables alone for those 3 fans... Those going to something else that requires both power and data cable, so that's another 2 cables. And this is not even beginning to talk about the potential case fans that might be needed to be hooked up as well.

Like come on, it's 2021, not 2001...Quote

30-06-2021, 06:50:22

Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Untill this day it baffles me that basically one of the absolute biggest companies in the industry, Corsair, haven't simplified their RGB solution.

I mean, just 6 cables alone for those 3 fans... Those going to something else that requires both power and data cable, so that's another 2 cables. And this is not even beginning to talk about the potential case fans that might be needed to be hooked up as well.

Like come on, it's 2021, not 2001...
Isn't one pair of 3 cables the PWM cables which you can also connect to a splitter cable?Quote

30-06-2021, 10:47:33

Dicehunter
Does absolutely nothing for me, I really wish they would just refresh the Air 540 and put some actual effort into it -

-Replace the plexi with tempered glass
-Make the bottom of the case plain mesh with fan mounts
-Give both side panels captive thumbscrews.
-Make dust filters for all intakes easily removable.
-Update the cases IO with USBC.
-No rubberised surfaces, Just a nice matte black textured plastic.


I know we got the 740 and later the 680X but both were half assed products.Quote

30-06-2021, 12:48:46

Warchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Does absolutely nothing for me, I really wish they would just refresh the Air 540 and put some actual effort into it -

-Replace the plexi with tempered glass
-Make the bottom of the case plain mesh with fan mounts
-Give both side panels captive thumbscrews.
-Make dust filters for all intakes easily removable.
-Update the cases IO with USBC.
-No rubberised surfaces, Just a nice matte black textured plastic.


I know we got the 740 and later the 680X but both were half assed products.
I still have the 540. Didnt think much of the 740. Seemed quite hideous to me.
Im almost tempted to drop back to the 540 and sell the 1000D just for extra space

Its interesting that the 540 is still sold regularly here, but the 740 appears discontinued.Quote

30-06-2021, 14:50:36

Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I still have the 540. Didnt think much of the 740. Seemed quite hideous to me.
Im almost tempted to drop back to the 540 and sell the 1000D just for extra space

Its interesting that the 540 is still sold regularly here, but the 740 appears discontinued.
Yeah the 540 is 1 of the best cases in years for sheer airflow, Still regularly sold at OCUK.

The supposed high end successor, The 680X from 2019, Needed a few areas changing and it would have been a proper successor but of course they had to follow the idiot trend of sticking glass infront of and on top of everything, Blocking airflow.

If they replaced the front and top glass panels with meshed up panels it would have been miles better, I replaced the top and front with plexi panels that are honeycombed from ColdZero, Not only did this drop internal temps by 2-3'c but also made the case quieter as it meant the fans didn't have to spin as fast trying to suck air from behind a solid glass panel.

Also having it so you need to practically dismantle your build to just clean the front dust filter is beyond stupid.

I don't know who the case designer at Corsair is but he needs to be moved to a different department, He's no good.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.