Silverstone TJ04-E Review

Up Close: Interior continued.

Silverstone TJ04-E


Up Close:  Interior continued.

Staying at the base of the case but moving towards the rear.  In the pictures below we can see that the TJ04-E is able to accommodate full size PSUs, with a filtered intake running the full length of the PSU mounting area.  Rubber strips are present to help reduce resonant noise.  If fitting a large PSU it may be necessary to remove the SSD rack in order to accommodate the loom, or at the very least feed your loom through it.  Also seen in the images below is the base 120mm fan mount location.  Silverstone have positioned this such that if used as an intake it will push 80% of it's airflow into the main section of the case and the remaining 20% to the rear of the mobo area.  Again if you're fitting a monster PSU you may encounter some cable abutment issues.

Silverstone TJ04-E     Silverstone TJ04-E  


Moving up the rear of the case we're afforded a view of the 8 expansion ports.  As with the HDDsthere's no quick release here, just good old fashioned screws.  The Expansion card screws are accessed by first removing a mesh cover from the outside of the case and then the PCI locating screw itself.  The image on the bottom right shows the rear 120mm extract and roof 120mm intake fans, along with the vacant roof fan mounting demonstrating the ability to fit a further fan if required.

Silverstone TJ04-E     Silverstone TJ04-E  


The reverse side to the motherboard offers ample room for cable management.  With the larger than average CPU cutout enabling the accommodation of both older and newer generation processors and their coolers without having to remove the Motherboard.  The images below also afford a another view of the front HDD drive cooling intake and fan.

Silverstone TJ04-E     Silverstone TJ04-E 

Silverstone TJ04-E     Silverstone TJ04-E 


I was actually quite surprised by how much room their was on the reverse side.  Having built into more cases than I can remember I was pleasantly surprised when such a relatively small case provided such ample cable management space.  The main area on the reverse side has just over 20mm of room, however Silverstone have managed to build in a deeper area at the bottom of the case just the other side of the PSU which at just over 45mm deep provides a great place to bundle up and stash away all the cables from your PSU you won't be needing.  I've not actually come across this before and have to say I'm particularly taken by it.  A good smattering of cable tie locations and conveniently spaced cable management holes completes the deal.    

Silverstone TJ04-E     Silverstone TJ04-E  


Accessories wise it's a bit of a case of quality over quantity.  The usual bag of screws is accompanied by 10 cable ties.  Silverstone also bundle a USB3 to USB2 converter for the front I/O along with two rather nice short chain SATA power connectors for use with the HDD rack, giving a total of 8 ganged SATA power plugs and as such making  it easier to achieve a tidy interior.  Along with a set of very comprehensive instructions Silverstone also include the HDD heat sinks should you wish to fit them (and why not).

Silverstone TJ04-E     Silverstone TJ04-E   

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next»

Most Recent Comments

13-02-2012, 15:33:53

Nice review Gary. What a wonderful looking case as are most cases by Silverstone. Would have been nice to have seen some rubber grommets on the cable management holes.Quote

13-02-2012, 16:01:23

That case looks so good! I want one... Quote

13-02-2012, 21:13:49

Very sleek indeed. Silverstone cases ooze quality Quote

13-02-2012, 22:07:22

A Plain Jane , if I ever saw one .. Quality, Ummm, Where's the rubber grommets, FGS? Quote

13-02-2012, 23:49:05

Interesting mods Silverstone .. However where's their enthusiastic design team gone? Quote

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.