Super Flower Fan Master SF-609
Published: 18th February 2007 | Source: Sidewinder Computers | Price: |
Just a couple of weeks ago I found myself browsing the usual retailers on the internet looking for a high quality, no thrills fan controller. It's certainly fair to say that there are plenty available from numerous manufacturers, but none seemed to be capable 'holding their own' when coupled with a pair of high-amperage draw Delta EFB1212SHE 140cfm fans.
Rated at just under 1amp each, the only controllers capable of silencing these fans appeared to be digital PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) based. For most users this is fine, but as I was also planning on using this controller with LED fans, I wasn't exactly looking forward to the 'Disco light effect' that PWM produces due to its pulsing voltage.
Answering my prayers several weeks later was our friends over at Sidewinder Computers with the offer of a 'Super Flower SF-609' rheobus based controller. These guys specialise in everything computer cooling based and stock a wide range of hard to find fan controllers and fans, all ready for international shipping.
The following information has been taken directly from Super Flower's website:
|• Material: Aluminum Front Panel, Steel Body|
• Front Panel Color: Red, Blue, Champagne, Black, Acrylic panel, Silver
• Device Space: 5.25" driver device
• Function display: 4 sets of temperature display(CPU ,HDD,CASE.POWER), 4 sets of fan speed display(CPU ,HDD, CASE.POWER)
• Background LCD display: Seven status colors (Red/Yellow/Green/Purple/Indigo/Blue/white)
• Fan Controlling Knobs: Control CPU, HDD, CASE, POWER fan speed
• Dimension: 148.5x42.5x75.8mm, 215x90x170 mm(color box)
• Temperature range: 0 | C ~ 50 | C ( 32 | F ~ 106 | F )
• R.P.M monitoring range: 0 ~ 9999 RPM (≦ 400RPM alarm) 30 RPM per unit
• Input Power: 5V ≦ 0.5W 12V = base on the amps of the fan
• Output voltage: 6V~12V
• Max. amps of single fan: 1.5A
• Max. watt of single fan: 9W~18W
• Protection: Output voltage protection / short circuit
• Audio Alarm Warning: Alarm message & Red light blinking.
One of the most impressive features of the SF-09 is its ability to power up to 4 fans rated at 1.5amps each. This is much more than most fan controllers and allows you to run very powerful fans at lower speeds for optimal airflow.
The SF-609 comes in a fairly large double walled cardboard box printed with a red and black gradient. At the front of the box is a small plastic window so you can see what the controller looks like prior to purchase.
Contained within the box are the following items:
• 1x SF-609 fan controller.
• 4x 3-pin fan extension cables.
• 4x Thermal probes with application tape.
• 4x Coloured aluminium face plates.
• 1x Clear acrylic face plate cover.
• Cable ties, screws and Allen key for removal of face plate.
A very comprehensive package from Super Flower it has to be said.