Abit AB9 P965 Conroe Motherboard
Published: 21st September 2006 | Source: Abit | Price: |
The board is slightly plain in the I/O options that you have. The sound is pretty awesome though - 5.1 sound and optical in/out.
Not so many USB ports on it though which I am slightly disappointed by. However there are a lot of ports on the motherboard that you could use for the PCI blanking plate and a fair few spares. Networking is a bit limited but at least there is some sort of legacy connecter.
* Support Intel Core 2 Duo Pentium® & Pentium® D processors with1066/800MHz FSB
* Support Intel® 2006FMB Conroe CPU
* Intel® P965 / ICH8 Chipset
* 4 X 240-pin DIMM sockets support max. memory capacity 8GB
* Supports Dual channel DDR2 800/667/533 Un-buffered Non-ECC memory
* On board 10/100/1000M PCI controller
* On board 7.1 CH HD Audio CODEC
* Supports auto jack sensing and optical S/PDIF Out
* 1 x PCI-E X16
* 2 x PCI-E X1
* 2 x PCI
* 1 x Floppy Port supports up to 2.88 MB
* 1 x Ultra DMA 100/66/33 IDE connector
* 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connector
* 3 x USB header (support 4 ports)
* 1 x FP-Audio, 1 x CD-In
Back Panel I/O
* 1 x PS/2 Keyboard, 1 x PS/2 Mouse
* ABIT Silent OTESTM
* 1 x S/P DIF In, 1 x S/P DIF Out
* 7.1 CH Audio connector (Front, Line-in, MIC-in, Center/Subwoofer, Surround, Rear Surround)
* 4 x USB 2.0, 1 x RJ-45 LAN connector
* 4 x SATA 3Gb/s through Intel® ICH8
* 2 x SATA 3Gb/s through JMicron® JMB363 support up to 0,1 ,JBOD RAID function
* ABIT SoftMenuTM Technology
* ABIT μGuruTM Technology
* ABIT Silent OTESTM Technology
* ATX form factor 305 x 245mm
* PCB Color: Orange
* 100% lead-free process and RoHS Compliancy
Abit have employed the Phoenix Award BIOS for the AB9. Being used to this from the DFI LANPARTY series I was looking forward to a nice easy BIOS with plenty of options. I won't mention the colour. No really....PINK!
The CPU and voltage adjustments are in the μGuru™ part of the BIOS. Plenty of adjustment in there for you.
Pretty decent CPU voltage adjustment up to 1.7v. Not too keen on the fairly large 0.025 steps.
DDR Voltage adjustment up to an "OK" 2.3v and some decent speed adjustment. Some of the higher speed DDR2 will need more volts. This is not as impressive as I had hoped for.