Club3D R9 285 Royal Queen Review

Alien Isolation

Club3D R9 285 COOLSTREAM Review

Alien Isolation

 

Alien Isolation is a new game to our bench suite, which sadly means that we have relatively few results to compare to here. Just like 3DMARK we see the R9 285 performs better than the HD 7870 Tahiti GPU and takes the same position we would expect the R9 280 to lie.

At 1080p this game performs great, giving an average framerate of well over 60FPS at maximum setting making this GPU pretty much perfect for this game. 

  

Club3D R9 285 Royal Queen Review  

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next»

Most Recent Comments

11-11-2014, 10:53:29

Wraith
Noice! I was looking at these the other day, with the future possibility of XFire later.. What is the weight like of the card, is it a hefty beast or a no worries light as a feather slab, sag bothers me.Quote

11-11-2014, 11:05:41

WYP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
Noice! I was looking at these the other day, with the future possibility of XFire later.. What is the weight like of the card, is it a hefty beast or a no worries light as a feather slab, sag bothers me.
Well I don't have a set of scales to weigh it but i'd say it is pretty lightweight, I didn't see any sag when it was being tested. Hope this helpsQuote

11-11-2014, 11:08:35

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
Well I don't have a set of scales to weigh it but i'd say it is pretty lightweight, I didn't see any sag when it was being tested. Hope this helps
All I needed to know, thanks dude. It'll go on the list of maybes, I'm a way off yet but it's good to have a plan.Quote

11-11-2014, 11:12:12

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
All I needed to know, thanks dude. It'll go on the list of maybes, I'm a way off yet but it's good to have a plan.
Theres SFA stock around now Wraith - be better off waiting for 960 pricesQuote

11-11-2014, 11:14:00

barnsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
All I needed to know, thanks dude. It'll go on the list of maybes, I'm a way off yet but it's good to have a plan.
Wait for the full new releases from both sides bud. AMD usually make great mid range cards and Nvidia might get their pricing right...

Exciting times ahead.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.