inno3D iChill GTX980 Review
The sign on the door says Overclock3D and, unless you've been living under a rock, then you know that it combines two of the things we're most passionate about, beer and women. No, wait. Scratch that. Overclocking and mental graphics cards.
Every time we check out the latest GPUs we are, like all of you, massively impressed by what's on offer. Then the non-reference ones appear and we overclock them until they beg for mercy, and we're usually even more impressed.
Most of you though prefer to just plug and go. Whether it's nervousness about potentially breaking a very expensive purchase, or just the knowledge that even at stock most high-end GPUs are plenty fast enough, overclocking them is less common than the internet would have you believe.
So what if a company produced a graphics card that had a feature similar to the MSI OC Genie function? That would surely cure everyone's fears. Enter the inno3D iChill GTX980.
As well as the inno3D overclocking software we'll get to in a couple of pages, it already comes out of the box with a pretty savage overclock as well as an inno-vative (dya see what we did there) cooling solution.
- CUDA Cores : 2048
- Graphics Clock-Base Clock (MHz) : 1228
- Boost Clock (MHz) : 1329
- Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) : 157
- Standard Memory Config (MB) : 4096
- Memory Interface : GDDR5
- Memory Interface Width : 256-bit
- Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) : 224.3
- Bus Support : PCI-E3.0 X16
- Certified for Windows 8 and 7 : Yes
- NVIDIA SLI® Ready : Yes (2-way, must use soft SLI bridge)
- NVIDIA G-Sync™-Ready : Yes
- NVIDIA GameStream™-Ready : Yes
- GeForce ShadowPlay™ : Yes
- NVIDIA GPU Boost™ : Yes
- Dynamic Super Resolution : Yes
- MFAA : Yes
- NVIDIA GameWorks™ : Yes
- Microsoft DirectX : 12 API
- OpenGL : 4.4
- CUDA : Yes
- Maximum Digital Resolution (per output) : 4096x2160
- Maximum VGA Resolution (per output) : 2048x1536
- HDCP : Yes
- HDMI : Yes
- Standard Display Connectors : Dual Link DVI-I, HDMI, 3x DisplayPort 1.2
- Audio Input for HDMI : Internal
- Supplementary Power Connectors : 2x 6-pin
- Driver CD Kit
- DVI Dongle
- Mouse Pad
- 6-pin PCI-E Power Cable