CellShock PC2-6400 (DDR2-800) 2GB Kit
Published: 22nd May 2007 | Source: CellShock | Price: |
Without doubt the CellShock DDR2-800 2GB kit is by far the most overclockable kit I've tested to date. Managing a pretty amazing ~50% overclock (196mhz) - taking the modules almost to DDR2-1200 status, I'm very confident that they would have easily been capable of a lot more with voltage upped to 2.3v.
Not only do they perform amazingly well, but they also look great too. Using high-quality aluminium heatsinks along with thermal paste (not pads) to cool the memory IC's, it's clear to see that CellShock have been listening to enthusiasts and have designed their modules with the overclocker in mind.
The Cellshock DDR2-800 kit does cost a little bit more than your average PC2-6400 kit on the market, but not to the point where it becomes uncompetitive. Available from SpecialTech for around £144.00, there are definitely cheaper kits about - But none that I've seen capable of hitting anywhere near DDR2-1200 or with the build quality found on these amazing modules.
• Great, uncomplicated looks.
• High quality heatspreaders.
• Thermal paste (not pads) used to transfer heat to heatspreaders.
• Capable of low latencies (3-3-4-10).
• HUGE ~50% overclock from DDR2-800 to DDR2-1192
• Competitive price for such a well built, overclockable kit!
• None (unless you are planning on using them past their 5yr warranty).
Thanks to Specialtech and CellShock for making this review possible. Discuss this review in our forums.