DLSS 2.0 in Death Stranding - Nvidia 4K Performance Trump Card

DLSS Performance at 4K - Enabling 4K 60FPS on RTX hardware

DLSS 2.0 in Death Stranding - Nvidia Ace in the Hole for 4K performance

DLSS Performance at 4K - Enabling 4K 60FPS on RTX hardware

At 4K, DLSS 2.0 is Nvidia great enabler. With the RTX 2080 Ti, average framerates of 100+ FPS can be achieved, and with an RTX 2060, smooth 4K 60 FPS framerates are possible. 

For RTX 2080 Ti users, DLSS makes high refresh rate 4K gaming possible on compatible monitors, and for RTX 2060 users, it makes 40 FPS FPS performance possible, delivering smooth 60+ FPS framerates when DLSS is set to performance mode. 

With DLSS set to performance mode, Nvidia's RTX 2060 delivers performance levels which are higher an RTX 2080 Ti without DLSS. Given the similar levels of graphical fidelity between TAA and DLSS' performance mode, this is a huge win for Nvidia. 
 
CAS enables a similar performance boost to DLSS in Quality mode, but graphically there is no competition between these two features. DLSS looks much better than CAS while delivering the same performance levels. If you are choosing between these features, choose DLSS.
 

DLSS 2.0 in Death Stranding - Nvidia Ace in the Hole for 4K performance  

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next»

Most Recent Comments

15-07-2020, 20:44:37

AlienALX
I didn't think much of it, until I saw that chick's face. Her eyebrows look so much better, just so much more detail there.

I'm glad this is becoming a used thing now.Quote

15-07-2020, 21:30:17

WYP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I didn't think much of it, until I saw that chick's face. Her eyebrows look so much better, just so much more detail there.

I'm glad this is becoming a used thing now.
Yeah, in many scenes both look near-identical, but when TAA artefacts come into play, DLSS 2.0 wins hard. I didn't believe how good DLSS looked initially.

TBH, while I love DLSS 2.0, I really want to see a 3rd party alternative that can work on both AMD and Nvidia cards. That's surely coming, as console makers will want to see this kind of upsampling, I want to see this kind of thing widely adopted on both the software and hardware side.Quote

15-07-2020, 21:47:17

AlienALX
Oh I don't care I have three RTX cards

haha jokes aside yeah this is cool.Quote

16-07-2020, 06:57:19

Avet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Yeah, in many scenes both look near-identical, but when TAA artefacts come into play, DLSS 2.0 wins hard. I didn't believe how good DLSS looked initially.

TBH, while I love DLSS 2.0, I really want to see a 3rd party alternative that can work on both AMD and Nvidia cards. That's surely coming, as console makers will want to see this kind of upsampling, I want to see this kind of thing widely adopted on both the software and hardware side.
It will be hard to make 3rd party software that does it on both AMD and Nvidia cards. It will be either-or. This is a hardware-specific feature. Tensor cores are doing all the AI stuff locally on GPU die. AMD cards won't have that on their dies. And I don't think that stream cores can do all that math efficiently.

Consoles would kill for this feature, but we need to see what will AMD do. They don't have hundreds of thousands of Tesla GPUs in the basement doing all AI training, neither they have years of AI development like Nvidia has.

The console market is absurdly large so there may be an AMD alternative. Will it be this good remains to be seen.Quote

16-07-2020, 07:33:03

WYP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
It will be hard to make 3rd party software that does it on both AMD and Nvidia cards. It will be either-or. This is a hardware-specific feature. Tensor cores are doing all the AI stuff locally on GPU die. AMD cards won't have that on their dies. And I don't think that stream cores can do all that math efficiently.

Consoles would kill for this feature, but we need to see what will AMD do. They don't have hundreds of thousands of Tesla GPUs in the basement doing all AI training, neither they have years of AI development like Nvidia has.

The console market is absurdly large so there may be an AMD alternative. Will it be this good remains to be seen.
There has been a version of DLSS which didn't use Tensor cores, I believe the original release of Control used that version. There is definitely a way that similar feats to this can be done with more generic compute, and you can be sure that RDNA 2 will contain some new AI-ish features. The Xbox Series X does IIRC.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.