Ubisoft updates Watch Dogs: Legion to deliver CPU optimisations on PC
Ubisoft updates Watch Dogs: Legion to deliver CPU optimisations on PCÂ
Ubisoft has just launched patch 2.20 for Watch Dogs Legion, addressing many issues with the game on all platform. PC gamers will be glad to know that this patch promises CPU optimisations, which should deliver PC gamers higher framerates under most workloads, especially when targeting 60 FPS framerates.Â
While we didn’t release a full performance analysis for Watch Dogs Legion, our testing of the game did find that stable 60 FPS gameplay was almost impossible across the whole game, seeing large performance when driving through busy areas. Patch 2.2 hopes to address this with CPU optimisations which “increases framerate on high-end PCs in DirectX 12 mode.”
Strangely, running the game under DirectX 11 did present us with higher framerates than DirectX 12 in demanding CPU-bound areas, though the game’s DirectX 12 version also provided higher framerates in GPU-bound scenarios. In short, neither version provided us with optimal performance. Patch 2.2 should address these issues, and we plan to conduct some testing on Watch Dogs Legion’s latest patch to confirm this.Â Â
Patch 2.2 also addresses some issues with Watch Dogs Legion’s DLSS implementation, which can cause some pixelation at low resolutions. Full patch notes for Watch Dogs Legion’s 2.2 update will be available at the base of this article.Â
Hopefully this update will address some of the performance issues which PC gamers have been facing within Watch Dogs Legion.Â
– Fixed an issue that could cause longer load times when exiting to the main menu.
– Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted.
– Fixed an issue that could cause lost progress during Borough Uprising missions when loading back into the game.
– Added a manual save game button to the Pause Menu.
– Fixed an issue that could cause a Borough to not be liberated despite the player having completed all necessary activities.
– Fixed an issue that allowed players to load a save game over save file slot when playing with Permadeath enabled, resulting in an infinite loading screen.
– Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted after a crash or freeze.
– Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when one or all Operatives die.
– Added CPU optimization that increases framerate on high end PCs in DirectX 12 mode.
– Fixed an issue that caused the gameâs framerate to drop significantly when looking at water or reflective surfaces.
– Fixed an issue that could cause Operatives to go missing after the game crashed.
– Fixed an issue that caused the game to become pixelated with DLSS enabled and playing on the lowest available resolution.
-Fixed an issue that caused Reflection, Ambient Occlusion and Subsurface Scattering to not save their value after changing the graphic quality from Custom to Low/Ultra and back.
– Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash under certain rendering conditions.
– Fixed an issue where some players would see a âDunia Demoâ error message and be unable to launch the game.
– Added further stability improvements and fixes to the game to prevent crashes.