AMD Releases Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Drivers
AMD Releases Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Drivers
AMD have released their Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Drivers, fixing the memory leak issue which has affected users of the recent Catalyst 15.9 Beta release.Â
We highly recommend that users of AMD’s Catalyst 15.9 drivers upgrade to this version immediately to prevent any memory leak issues.Â
The AMD Catalystâ¢ Software Suite, AMD Catalystâ¢ 15.9.1 Beta contains the following:
- AMD Catalystâ¢ Display Driver version 15.201.1151
Highlights of AMD Catalystâ¢ 15.9.1 Beta Windows Driver
- Star Warsâ¢: Battlefront Beta – Performance and quality optimizations
- Fable Legends : Includes the latest DirectX 12 optimizations for the Fable Legends: Benchmark
- Driver packages are now being consolidated into 1 package instead of being spread out over different downloads, Now Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10 are all under 1 of 2 installers, 32 bit or 64 bit.
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Catalystâ¢ 15.9.1 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platformsÂ
- WindowsÂ 7 SP1 or Higher (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32 & 64-bit)
- This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their manufacturer for driver support.
- When installing the AMD Catalystâ¢ Driver for WindowsÂ®, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
- The AMD Catalystâ¢ 15.9.1 Beta Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- The AMD Catalystâ¢ 15.9.1 Beta Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all AMD Catalystâ¢ driver packages.
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics “horsepower” required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
- A video memory leak can occur when browser and other windows are resized
- Diablo 3 crashes in the Act 2 Desolate Sands area of the game
- The AMD Catalyst Control Center ‘update’ option fails to download the latest driver
- Dragon Age: Inquisition may crash if launched in Mantle mode
- The DirectXÂ® Diagnostic tool does not report DirectXÂ® 12 available on supported products
- World of Warships may crash on some AMD Radeon HD5000 and HD6000 series products
- Assassin’s CreedÂ® Unity may experience minor frame stutter when AMD CrossFireâ¢ mode is enabled
- Anti Aliasing settings not being retained after changes are applied
- Some BENQ 144hz Freesyncâ¢ monitors may lose the signal while uninstalling the driver
- DiRT Rallyâ¢ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectXÂ® 11 mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors
- GTA V crashes on some AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU’s
- Star Wars: Battlefront Bata – Flickering may be experience if AMD Crossfire is enabled
- Corruption may occur in DiRT Rallyâ¢ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFireâ¢ mode enabled
- A black screen may be encountered on bootup on Windows 10 systems. The system will ultimately continue to the Windows login screen.
- Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PoweDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI cable
- A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K Youtube content
- Elite: Dangerous – poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode
- Final Fantasy XIV – Heavensward may crash when run in DirectX 11Â® mode and borderless window mode
- Some applications may fail to launch on some Mobility platforms when launched in High Performance mode
- Windows 10 driver installation may halt on some systems with an AMD 990FX chipset and AMD CrossFireâ¢ enabled
- Mad Max – Color corruption is observed when Alt+Ctrl+Del is pressed followed by the Escape key
You can download AMD’s Catalyst 15.9.1 driver here
â OC3D (@OC3D) October 1, 2015