Starfield now supports both FSR 3 and XeSS thanks to its newest Steam Beta update
Frame Generation support comes to the masses thanks to Starfield’s latest Steam Beta update
Starfield has just received a new Steam Beta update that has added new stability improvements to the game alongside support for both Intel XeSS and AMD FSR 3. This update should be available to all Starfield players on PC soon, as it needs further validation before it can exit beta.
With the addition of FidelityFX Super Resolution 3 (FSR 3) support, Starfield now supports Frame Generation on all modern graphics architectures. Unlike Nvidia’s DLSS 3 Frame Generation technology, which only works on RTX 40 series GPUs, FSR 3 works on all modern GPU architectures. This means that Intel, AMD, and Nvidia GPU users can now benefit from Frame Generation in Starfield.
Thanks to the game’s support for XeSS, Starfield now supports temporal super resolution technologies from AMD, Intel, and Nvidia. this gives gamers the choice to use the best upscaling technology for their specific graphics card.
Another change that has been made to Starfield is a change to FormIDs that increase the stability of game saves. This is great news for Starfield players who have visited many locations, or may have suffered from save instability in the past. Full patch notes for Starfield’s new Steam Beta update are available below.
You can join the discussion on Starfield’s newest Steam Beta update on the OC3D Forums.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTSGRAPHICS
- Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 3 (FSR 3). (PC)
- Added support for Intel Xe Super Sampling (XeSS). (PC)
- Fixed an issue that could make the clouds appear to vibrate when using DLSS performance mode. (PC)
- Fixed minor visual artifact that could occur when aiming with a weapon or task swapping.STABILITY
- Changed how FormIDs are freed when loading saves. This should improve stability for saves that have visited many locations.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when making changes to the ship that required all items to be moved to the cargo bay in the Ship Builder menu.MISCELLANEOUS
- Reverted a change that caused the data menu to open when taking screenshots with F12 (PC)
- Fixed an issue causing the resolution scale to reset to 1.0 when switching from Fullscreen to Windowed mode when using DLSS. (PC)