AMD release their Radeon Software 17.5.2 Driver
AMD has now released their Radeon software 17.5.2 driver, which offers another 4.5% performance boost in Prey which when combined with the performance improvements in 17.5.1 will deliver almost 10% more boost in framerate when compared to last month’s driver releases. Â
This new driver also fixes several hang/crash issues that are present in NieR: Automata and loading time issues that are present in Forza Horizon 3.Â
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition is AMD’s advanced graphics software for enabling high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences. Create, capture, and share your remarkable moments. Effortlessly boost performance and efficiency. Experience Radeon Software with industry-leading user satisfaction, rigorously-tested stability, comprehensive certification, and more.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.5.2 Highlights
- Up to 4.5% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.5.1
- NieR: Automata may experience a random hang or application crash after short periods of gameplay.
- Forza Horizon 3 may experience very long map/launch load times.
- The primary display adapter may sometimes appear disabled in Radeon Settings while driving a display from the linked adapter in Multi-GPU system configurations.
- Radeon RX 550 series graphics products may experience a system hang when entering sleep or hibernate modes.
- Virtual Super Resolution may fail to enable on some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
- The Display feature in Radeon Settings “GPU Scaling” may not function for some games.
- A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSyncâ¢ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
- Counter-Strikeâ¢: Global Offensive and World of Warcraftâ¢ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSyncâ¢ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
Known Issues for Radeon ReLive
- The XBOX DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
- Radeon ReLive may intermittently fail to work after performing task switches of applications. A work around is to disable and then enable the feature in Radeon Software.
- Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.
- Radeon ReLive may experience recording or streaming issues when task switching using ALT+TAB.
Supported Desktop GPUsÂ
Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility
|Radeon RX 580
||AMD Radeon RX 570
|Radeon RX 560
||Â AMD RX 550
|Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics
||AMD Radeon R7 300 Series Graphics
|AMD Radeon Pro Duo
||AMD Radeon R7Â 200 Series Graphics
|AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series Graphics
||AMD Radeon R5 300 Series Graphics
|AMD Radeon R9 Nano Series Graphics
||AMD Radeon R5 200 Series Graphics
|AMD Radeon R9 300 Series Graphics
||AMD Radeon HD 8500 – HD 8900Â Series Graphics
|AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Graphics
||AMD Radeon HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series Graphics
Full Release notes for this driver can be viewed here
– Windows 7 (32-bitÂ |Â 64-bit)
Read more onÂ AMD’s Radeon Software Crimson 17.5.2 driverÂ on theÂ OC3D Forums.