AMD’s Radeon Software 19.9.1 driver turbocharges AMD’s Gears 5 performance
AMD’s Radeon Software 19.9.1 driver turbocharges AMD’s Gears 5 performanceÂ
AMD’s has officially released its Radeon Software 19.9.1 driver, bring in support for new Vulkan API extensions while also offering users up to an 8% performance boost in Gears 5.Â
Users of Gigabyte’s RGB Fusion software will also be glad to know that these drivers now offer a fix for an incompatibility issue which could cause AMD’s RX 5700 series graphics cards to hang systems in certain product configurations.Â Â
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1 Highlights
Â – Up to 8% performance improvement in Gears of War 5 running DirectXÂ® 12 on Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.9.1 vs. 19.8.2.RS-310
Added Vulkan Support
– This extension adds device coherent and device uncached memory types. Device coherent and uncached memory are expected to have lower performance for general access than non-device coherent memory but can be useful in certain scenarios particularly so for debugging.
– This extension provides an interface to query calibrated timestamps obtained quasi simultaneously from two time domains such as host and device time domains.
– This extension adds some line rasterization features that are commonly used in CAD applications and that are supported in other APIs like OpenGL. These features include Bresenham-style line rasterization, smooth rectangular lines (coverage to alpha) and stippled lines for all three line rasterization modes.
– This extension adds Vulkan support for the SPV_EXT_demote_to_helper_invocation SPIR-V extension. The SPIR-V extension provides a new instruction that allows shaders to “demote” a fragment shader invocation to behave like a helper invocation for its duration. The demoted invocation will have no further side effects and will not output to the framebuffer but remains active and can participate in computing derivatives and in subgroup operations. This is a better match for the “discard” instruction in HLSL.
– Launching RGB Fusion 2.0 may cause a system hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products system configurations.
– Gears 5 may experience an application hang on loading screen with APU only (Ryzen) based desktop system configurations.
– HDMI overscan and underscan options may be missing from Radeon Settings on AMD Radeon VII system configurations when the primary display is set to 60hz.
– Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
– Radeon Performance Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
– AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
– Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
– Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
– Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
– RS-310 – Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of August 30th, 2019 on Gears of War 5 (DirectXÂ® 12 at Ultra Presets) at 4K resolution, measured on the Radeonâ¢ RX 5700 XT running Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2 and 19.9.1 drivers. Results on 19.9.1 showed up to 8% performance gain over the previous driver. Performance may vary based on resolution and settings.
Supported Desktop GPUsÂ
Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility
Radeon RX Navi 5700 Series Radeon VII Radeon RX Vega Series AMD Radeon Pro Duo Radeon RX 580/590 AMD Radeon RX 570 Radeon RX 560 Â AMD RX 550 Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics AMD Radeon R7 300 Series Graphics AMD Radeon Pro Duo AMD Radeon R7Â 200 Series Graphics AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series Graphics AMD Radeon R5 300 Series Graphics AMD Radeon R9 Nano Series Graphics AMD Radeon R5 200 Series Graphics AMD Radeon R9 300 Series Graphics AMD Radeon HD 8500 – HD 8900Â Series Graphics AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series Graphics
Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility
AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Vega Graphics AMD Athlon Mobile Processors with Vega Graphics AMD A-Series and FX Processors with Radeon Graphics AMD Ryzen pro Mobile Processors with Vega Graphics AMD Athlon Pro Mobile Processors with Vega Graphics AMD A-Series Pro Processors with Radeon Graphics
You can join the discussion onÂ AMD’s Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19.9.1 driverÂ on theÂ OC3D Forums.