Treyarch Removes Ultra and High Options from Black Ops 3
Treyarch Removes Ultra and High Options from Black Ops 3 for certain PC gamers
Treyarch Removes Ultra and High Options from Black Ops 3 for certain PC gamers, resulting in some bad visuals for many players.
The users affected by this issue will be those who have 2GB or VRAM or under, removing the games highest graphical options even if the player has the required GPU horsepower.
Since many of the newly locked options for users have very little effect on the games VRAM consumption it is very silly to see many of these options locked, especially since it leaves the games visuals being a little less than desirable. Â Â
(Screenshot from Segment Next)
How to get the games Ultra and High Option Back
- – Open âSteamsteamappscommonCall of Duty Black Ops IIIplayersconfig.iniâ with notepad or any text editor.
- – Find âRestrictGraphicsOptions = â1â â and change 1 to 0
- – It should look someting like this: RestrictGraphicsOptions = â0â
- – Save it
Right now there are over 9000 negative reviews for the title, which is quite a lot considering that the game is only a few months old and most of the voted for “most helpful” reviews are negative.Â
Below is the games minimum requirements and the features which Treyarch had originally promised. Â
Black Ops 3 PC features will include:
- – 100% Ranked Dedicated Servers
- – 2-Player Split Screen
- – Seamless Game Controller Support
- – Strong GPU scaling, SLI and Crossfire Optimizations, and 4K monitor support make the game look and run great at full 4K resolution
- – FOV Slider
- – Framerate Cap Slider
- – Improved Text Chat features available in-game and also now in lobbies.
- – Fantastic Steam Trading Cards â collect them all!
- – Treyarch Anti-Cheat (TAC)
We also have the gameâs minimum system requirements, which are not overly high for a modern game.Â
- – Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- – Processor: IntelÂ® Coreâ¢ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenomâ¢ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
- – Memory: 6 GB RAM
- – Graphics: NVIDIAÂ® GeForce GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI Radeonâ¢ HD 6970 @ 1GB
- – DirectX: Version 11
- – Network: Broadband Internet connection
- – hard Drive: 60 GB Available Space
- – Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
It is very disappointing the see Call of Duty Black Ops 3 have so many issues on PC, especially given the fact that the developers promised such a good PC port and support after launch with modding tools.Â
Hopefully Treyarch will re-enable these options, or at least give some of the less VRAM intensive option back.Â
You can join the discussion on Treyarch removing the Ultra and High settings forÂ Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Â for some PC playersÂ on theÂ OC3D Forums. Â