Power, Monitoring, and Silence – Cooler Master reveals their X Silent Edge and X Silent Max PSUs
Cooler Master delivers the gift of silence with their X Silent Edge and X Silent Max power supplies
Cooler Master have officially revealed their X Silent series of power supplies, and to say the least they are confident in their design. All Silent series power supplies from Cooler Master will ship with a 15 year warranty. That’s a crazy long warranty, and a testament to how solidly designed these PSUs are.
Today, Cooler Master has revealed three Silent series power supplies. These PSUs are split into fanless/passive, and fan assisted camps. Cooler Master’s two fanless models are the X-Silent Edge 850W and 1100W. Cranking the series up to 1300W is the X Silent Max 1300W, which features a Cooler Master Mobius series fans for cooling.
While the Max does feature a fan, it is a silent power supply. Cooler Master’s testing places its noise output levels at under 20 dB. Good luck having a room that is quiet enough to make this PSU “too loud” for you. Under most loads this PSU will be using a 0 dB fan mode, only enabling its fan under high load conditions.
(Image from Cooler Master)
The X SILENT series features Detailed monitoring with MasterCTRL
Thanks to Cooler Master’s MasterCTRL software, X Silent PSU users can monitor the thermals, fans speeds, and efficiency levels of their power supply whenever they want. Users will also be able to control some of their PSU’s parameters. Sadly, we do not know what exactly is controllable within software.
Using MasterCTRL, Cooler Master PSU users should be able to see how much power their system is drawing at any given time and monitor how hot their PSU is getting under load.
- Hybrid Fan Technology: The X Silent Edge’s fanless design and the Max’s ultra-quiet Mobius fan ensure minimal noise.
- Advanced Heat Management: Featuring heat pipe technology and a modular thermal structure for optimal cooling and longevity.
- Digital Monitoring: Real-time tracking of temperature, load, and fan speed.
- High-Quality Components: Equipped with Infineon IC chips for reliable, high-end performance.
- MasterCTRL Software Integration: Detailed control and monitoring of PSU parameters from your desktop.
- Peak Efficiency: Both models include an active bridge rectifier for superior efficiency and performance.
All three models in Cooler Master’s new Silent series are 80+ Platinum rated, are ATX 3.0 compliant, and feature Cooler Master’s 90-degree 12VHPWR connectors. We expect to hear more about these new power supplies from Cooler Master when we visit them at CES 2024.
At CES 2024, Cooler Master will also be showcasing their V8 3DVC CPU cooler. Cooler Master’s calling this “the pinnacle of cooling technology”.
You can join the discussion on Cooler Master’s X Silent Edge and Max power supplies on the OC3D Forums.