ASUS GTX970 Strix Review
The ASUS Strix brand seems to be expanding at a rate that would put the Big Bang to shame, and the latest product with the Owl branding to cross our desks in the GTX970 Strix.
We saw in our review of the initial Maxwell cards that the GTX980 and GTX970 both have plenty of performance to go with their excellent power efficiency. The question on everyone's lips, including our own, is whether the GTX970 can be heavily overclocked to bring it near to the GTX980.
It's the near perfect encapsulation of our Overclock3D company. Overclocking something designed to produce polygons and seeing if you can bridge the gap to the next model without emptying your wallet.
With the DirectCU II cooler the ASUS Strix is a great opportunity to do this, so let's crack on.
The GPU clock is already a big one, and with an additional blean of memory speed the Strix should provide a good platform for our testing.
- Graphics Engine : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
- Bus Standard : PCI Express 3.0
- Video Memory : GDDR5 4GB
- GPU Boost Clock : 1253 MHz
- GPU Base Clock : 1114 MHz
- CUDA Core : 1664
- Memory Clock : 7010 MHz ( GDDR5 )
- Memory Interface : 256-bit
- DVI Output : Yes x 1 (DVI-I), Yes x 1 (DVI-D)HDMI Output : Yes x 1 (HDMI 2.0)
Display Port : Yes x 1 (Regular DP)
HDCP Support : Yes
- Power Consumption : up to 225W 8 pin PCIe power required
- Software : ASUS GPU Tweak & Driver
- Dimensions : 280 x 140 x40 mm